This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
As a child I use to love waking up in the morning to my grandmother’s big breakfasts. Pancakes were a staple. But like most households, they weren’t always the healthiest.
When you think of pancakes, you most likely think of highly processed sugar syrup which is detrimental to your health. Aronia blueberry syrup changes that. Though this recipe has a healing and healthy aspect to it, you still get that “am I cheating on my clean eating diet” feel without actually doing so.
What is Aronia?
Aronia, also know as chokeberries, are berries that contain the highest amount of antioxidants. (Antioxidants protect the body’s cells from oxidation…pretty important right?) These berries are native to the North American region and also contain a high level of vitamin C. Other fun facts about aronia berries (chokeberries):
- good for eyes (carotene!)
- urinary tract health
- makes blood vessels stronger and improves blood circulation
- immune system booster
If this is your first time hearing about Aronia berries you might be asking yourself where do I find this exotic fruit? I personally have never had the pleasure of eating a fresh chokeberry (aronia berry). However Karuna Bean Sprout and Aronia Berry Detox drink is the next best thing.
The Bean Sprout and Aronia drink contains the highest quality of aronia berries conveniently for you to use. I was first introduced to these drinks at my local grocery store and was impressed with the low sugar content. I use to be extremely addicted to sugar (I am talking waking up in the middle of the night for a Walmart run addicted). So I am an advocate of low sugar foods and beverages. Unfortunately a lot of “natural” drinks on the market don’t taste very natural at all and contain a high amount of processed sugar. This is why I am a huge supporter of Karuna’s drinks because their drinks give you a great taste and is good for you (no overly processed high sugar). I paired this syrup with blueberries, another high quality fruit packed with a nice amount of antioxidants.
Who doesn’t love pancakes for breakfast? With this syrup, you can now enjoy them in a healing, healthy way.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? HOVER OVER IMAGE BELOW TO PIN!
Aronia Blueberry Syrup
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries or frozen
- 1 cup Karuna our Bean Sprout and Aronia Berry detox drink divided
- 2 tbsp of coconut necatar
- 1 tbsp of tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- In a mixing bowl take 1/4 a cup of Karuna drink and tapioca flour and mix together well. This will help thicken the syrup when cooking. Set aside.
- Grab a medium pot, pour in remainder 3/4 cup of juice, coconut nectar, and blueberries bring to a boil.
- When it reaches a boil, add juice flour mixture pot. Reduce heat to a low simmer for 10 minutes. Mixture will start to bubble up and thicken up.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve over waffles or pancakes. This can be stored in your refrigerator for up to a week.