This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This veggie bowl is simple, affordable, and filling! With black beans and quinoa, this veggie bowl is full of plant based protein. Using summer veggies like zucchini and yellow squash and hearty portobello mushrooms, this veggie bowl makes a great meal prep dish!
Simple whole food plant based meals are my favorite. They are affordable, easy to make, and don’t take much time to create. I put this recipe together by pure accident. I was too busy and tired one night to create something “elaborate” for dinner, so I threw these ingredients together.
I was shocked at how much I loved it! It is now a staple meal of mine! This veggie bowl contains basic ingredients you can find in any store; black beans, quinoa, veggies of your choice! That’s it! It can’t get any simpler than that!
Vegan Curve Building Ingredients
Black beans are high and fiber and are great versatile bean used in a lot of plant based dishes especially Mexican theme dishes. It is also a staple to have in your curvy vegan pantry. One cup of beans contains 15 grams of protein! They also have minerals like iron, magnesium, and copper.
Quinoa is a pseduo grain that is really a seed. You used it like you would used rice in any dish. Quinoa is another staple to always have handy in your curvy vegan pantry. Half a cup of cooked quinoa has 4 grams of protein. So you can see in this bowl with both black beans and quinoa combined you will have 20 grams of protein!
Open your can of beans and rinse to wash off the excess liquid it was packed in. Once rinsed, cook your beans in broth to infused flavor in the beans.
Next is your veggies. Now the type of veggies you use are totally up to you. Also the way you cut your veggies is totally up to you. Here I used zucchini, yellow squash, and portobello mushrooms. You can cut your mushrooms in strips and cut your zucchini and yellow squash length wise and grill or cook on a pan; or you can chop your veggies up and cook in a pan, it is totally up to you. (view samples of both ways photos below)
Next rinse your quinoa and cook in vegetable broth. Once every thing is cooked assembly as you desire.
This veggie bowl makes a great meal prep meal! With the given recipe below it came out to about 3 meals which for me equaled 3 lunches packed and ready to go! Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? Do you normally eat veggie bowls? If so what is your favorite combination? Tell me about it. Leave a comment below, rate it, and PIN IT! Also tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
[clickToTweet tweet=”This veggie bowl is simple, affordable, and filling! #veganrecipes #veganmeals #govegan #veganfoodshare” quote=”This veggie bowl is simple, affordable, and filling! This veggie bowl makes a great meal prep dish! “]
Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Bowl
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or 1 cube of bullion)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or any oil you have on hand)
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 medium portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teasopoon black pepper
- 3/4 cups quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or 1 cube bullion)
- Open can of black beans and rinse. Add oil to a pan over medium heat and add onions sauteing for about 5 minutes. Then add 1 cup of broth, and rinsed black beans to pan. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Once cook add to separate bowl and set aside.
- Grab your zucchini, yellow squash, and portabello mushrooms Here is where you can get creative. Either slice veggies long ways (see pic above) and grilled on a hot pan oiled pan with seasonings to create a pretty look, or chopped like normal and saute in a hot oiled pan with seasonings. It is up to you. I have done this both ways. The way you cut the vegetables will not effect the taste.
- If grilling do so on each side for 3-5 minutes. If chopped and saute', cooked covered for about 10 minutes string occasionally
- Place 3/4 quinoa over 2 cups of water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all water or broth is absorbed for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Assemble your bowl however you desire. Add tomatoes, parsley, or even avocado to your bowl. This makes a perfect meal prep dish!
- Calories 503
- Fat 6 g
- Carbohydrates 91 g
- Fiber 23 g
- Sugar 10 g
- Protein 26 g
- Used whatever vegetables or beans you desire.
- You an also used whatever type of grains you desire or swap it out with sweet potatoes
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. WHEN SHARING A RECIPE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST. READ FULL COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE.