This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creole Cajun Seasoning Mix adds bold flavor to your vegan soups and stews. This recipe only takes 5 minutes to make with 9 ingredients already found in your pantry!
I had no idea how hard it was to find Cajun seasoning mix in the stores. I found out after going to 3 stores looking for this spice to add to my vegan Black Eyed Pea Soup.
But luckily for me making a homemade version is very easy and all the spices I already had in my vegan pantry!
How to Use Your Seasoning?
Here are a few of my favorite ways and recipes to use this seasoning.
- to seasoned tofu like this Cajun Tofu Recipe
- In homemade Vegan Roumoulade Sauce
- Black Eyed Pea Soup
- to seasoned the batter for Fried Okra
- Fried Oyster Mushrooms for a Vegan Po Boy Sandwich!
- to seasoned rice
- Roasted Cajun Peanuts
How to Make Cajun Seasoning Mix?
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
First start with the basics; paprika, black pepper, and sea salt.
Second add your bold flavors; onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
Last, add herbs for subtle flavors; oregano, basil, and thyme.
Mix it all together and viola you have your homemade creole seasoning cajun mix!
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- You can adjust the amount of spice to your seasoning as you desire.
- Be sure that your dried seasonings are NOT expired. Expired seasonings do not go bad necessarily, however they will lack flavor causing your seasoning mix to lack flavor.
- This seasoning mix will keep in your pantry fresh for up to 6 months. It DOES NOT freeze well.
Homemade Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon cayenne powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon basil
- Combine all the ingredients in a small or medium bow. Mix until all ingredients have been fully combined
- Store in any airtight container, glass jar, or zip lock bag. Add a label marked with title and date made. Store for up to 6 months.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.