This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Curvy Girl Parsley Smoothie is the perfect green smoothie to detox your body and has just the right amount of calories to help with healthy vegan weight gain!
“Curvy Girl” Hemp Seeds
Of course, I had to add some extra calories to this smoothie to make it curve building friendly. Hemp seeds to the recuse!
One serving of hemp seeds has 130 calories and 10 grams of protein! Plus, it is packed with omega 3s. Adding hemp seeds to your smoothie won’t affect the taste but it will aid in vegan weight gain goals.
Is parsley good for detox?
Yes! Parsley is an immune-boosting, allergy-fighting food packed with…
- Vitamins A, B, C, and K and the minerals iron and potassium.
- A natural diuretic, which helps to eliminate excess fluid from the body.
- It helps to balance blood sugar, which will help your body with long term weight balance.
To read more about parsley benefits check out 8 Impressive Health Benefits and Uses of Parsley.
How to Make a Parsley Smoothie?
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
Prep and Blend Ingredients
- Grab all of your ingredients and add them to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Garnish with hemp seeds and serve immediately. (Photos 1, 2, 3 & 4)
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- Both flat leaf and curly parsley will do. You can use cilantro instead if you like the taste. Add other greens if you like such as kale or spinach.
- Hemp seeds are there for added protein and calories. They don’t affect the taste of the smoothie and can be omitted. (Just remember you will lose calories and protein if you do omit).
- This smoothie is best served fresh. However, you can keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours, max 48 hours. You can freeze for up to 7 days.
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Gain?
Tho this Green Smoothie has detox properties, the hemp seeds add protein, extra calories, and healthy fats making it a calorie-dense food.
Add this to your daily regimen by drinking it for breakfast, midday snack, or even better after a strength training workout!
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Loss?
To make this more weight loss (waste/weight release friendly) you could:
- Lower the portion serving (drink half today, half tomorrow).
- Omit the hemp seeds to lower the number of calories and fat.
- Omit the orange juice to lower the sugar amount and replace it with plant-based milk of choice.
- Use low-calorie plant-based milk with no sugar or flavor added to keep down the calories. (Stay away from dairy-free milk like coconut milk as they have a lot of fat and calories)
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
“Curvy Girl” Parsley Smoothie
- Rinse your parsley and add it to your high-speed blender along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until nice and smooth. Serve immediately for breakfast or as a snack!
- You can keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours, max 48 hours. Freeze for up to 5 days. Thaw out in the fridge overnight and re-blend before consuming it.
- GREENS: Both flat leaf and curly parsley will do. You can use cilantro instead if you like the taste. Add other greens if you like such as kale or spinach.
- JUICE: If you can’t find freshly squeezed orange juice, you can use whatever brand of orange juice you can find instead. You can also omit juice and replace it with nondairy milk. So instead of 1 cup of milk, you can just use 1 ½ cup of milk with no juice at all.
- BANANAS: If not using frozen bananas add ice cubes. If you don’t like the banana taste substitute with frozen mango, papaya, or ½ fresh avocado. Again use 2-3 ice cubes to keep it chilled. You can also use frozen mangos for this.
- ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS: If you can’t find monk fruit sugar, use 3-4 dates instead! (Make sure you take the pit out!) Hemp protein powder can sub for whole hemp seeds or omit altogether. (Just remember you will lose calories and protein if you do omit). Hemp seeds won’t affect the taste but the protein powder will.
Update Notes: This post was originally published on April 12, 2018, but was republished with new photos, step by step instructions, tips, and a video April 6, 2020.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full affiliate disclaimer HERE.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. WHEN SHARING A RECIPE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST. READ FULL COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE.