This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut butter oatmeal bars are an easy snack to make and great for a quick breakfast. These bars are vegan, protein packed, and only require 5 ingredients!
Working a full time night job, running a food blog, keeping a consistent work out schedule, and having a social life; well lets just say this girl has a FULL schedule.
I know many of you can relate. So food on the go is a must. Thank goodness for peanut oatmeal bars!
These peanut butter oatmeal bars are a quick snack and breakfast that can make life so much easier when you are wearing multiple hats. And not all those snack bars you buy are healthy (and God knows what ingredients goes into them). That is why I love this peanut butter oatmeal bars recipe. Convenience and health in one bite.
These peanut butter oatmeal bars are simple, healthy, and very friendly on your pockets. Plus they hold really well. You can make a big batch and store them in the freezer for weeks. Plus there are all kinds of curve building goodness going on in these peanut butter oatmeal bars: Oatmeal, almonds, peanut butter, and raisins. You can mix and match nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and even nut butters .
The basic technique is to melt the peanut butter and syrup over low heat until combined together. Then pour it over your dry ingredients, mix together, and press into a pan to set. That’s it! No baking. Quick, easy, fast, and simple. Perfect for your busy lifestyle.
Vegan Curve Building Properties: Pretty much every ingredient is curve building but specifically the peanut butter is the winner here. It is calorie dense (2 tbsp is 200 calories) and contains 8 grams of protein per serving
If I were you I would double or even triple the recipe and freeze for a month to eat off. Talk about saving a lot of time!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? What kind of quick easy snacks and breakfasts do you like? Have you ever made your own peanut butter bars? Tell me about it. Leave a comment below, rate it, and PIN IT! Also tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Peanut butter oatmeal bars are an easy snack to make and quick breakfast to have for those busy mornings.! ” quote=”Peanut butter oatmeal bars are an easy snack to make and quick breakfast to have for those busy mornings.! “]
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Mix oatmeal, raisins, and almonds in a bowl.
- Take pan and melt butter over low medium heat.
- Add peanut butter and liquid sweetener in a pot. Constantly stir for a few minutes until liquid sweetner and peanut butter are completely combined. Make sure you do not burn it.
- Turn off heat and immediately pour peanut butter mixture over oatmeal mixture. Stir until oatmeal mixture is completely covered in peanut butter.
- Take mixture and press down firmly in a pan. Store in refrigerator to set for about an hour before cutting into individual bars. They may also be stored in the freezer for a month. Enjoy!
- Calories 206
- Fat 46 g
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Sugar 10 g
- Protein 21 g
- If you don't like peanut butter (or are allergic to it) use any other nut butter. (almond butter, cashew butter, etc all will work)
- Mix and match the nuts you want to use or omit all together.
- Mix and match the dried fruit to your desire.
- To insure this is gluten free you can use certified gluten free old fashioned oats
- If you have trouble digesting grains try sprouted old fashioned oats. I use this brand here.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. WHEN SHARING A RECIPE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST. READ FULL COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE.