This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The benefits of this Strawberry Juice Recipe are endless! This strawberry juice recipe is made with fresh strawberries, sweetened with a natural sugar (stevia), and made in a base of healthy delicious Hibiscus tea!
Happy Healthy “Bloody” Halloween! No that’s not real blood. It’s just juice… it looks cool tho right :-). I know health is not the first thing you think about in regards to Halloween but I wanted to change up the theme a little bit. I stopped eating store bought candy years ago (though I make an exception for these homemade peanut butter cups ), so every Halloween instead of being overloaded on sweets and sugar I find healthy alternatives. This is Strawberry Juice Recipe I enjoy because it’s sweet but healthy for you.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”The benefits of this Strawberry Juice Recipe are endless! Healthy but still sweet and yummy! #veganwithcurves #veganrecipes #veganfoodshare #veganhalloween #strawberryjuice #juicing ” quote=”The benefits of this Strawberry Juice Recipe are endless! Healthy but still sweet and yummy!”]
Why this recipe works?
One answer…Hibiscus tea! Hibiscus tea is a tea made from pretty deep red Hibiscus flower petals. You usually find this in health food stores already dried. It naturally has a sour like cranberry taste so it is very pleasant to the taste buds. Hibiscus Tea benefits include:
- lowers your blood pressure.
- rich in vitamin C
- can help relieve constipation
(Source: 11 Surprising Benefits Of Hibiscus Tea)
Here’s how to make the tea: (READ FULL RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS)
The most important part of this Strawberry Juice Recipe is making the hibiscus tea.
Place the hibiscus flowers ½ gallon mason jar. Pour the water over the tea leaves and let steep overnight in the refrigerator.
Strain the tea to discard the flowers and add the base to a blender along with strawberries and stevia sugar. Blend till smooth. If desiring a smoother more “liquid” juice you can strain just through a nut milk bag.
Vegan With Curves Star Ingredient
Strawberries are the Vegan With Curves star of this dish! I added strawberries to this recipe because one it brings in a more potent red color and two who doesn’t love strawberries? In gaining healthy weight (building curves) a healthy amount of carbohydrates is needed in order do so. Strawberries are a healthy simple carbohydrate that is low in sugar. Also with curve building, minerals are crucial to the process. Strawberries have magnesium which is important for the absorption of calcium. And calcium is needed (among other minerals) for strong bones especially in lifting heavy weights.
This recipe is a Strawberry Juice Recipe is packed with vitamin C and keeps your blood sugar levels stable, unlike the quick rush you would get from eating an over-sugared piece of candy. Make it a healthy Halloween this year! (However, if you choose to spike it I won’t tell 🙂 )
Appliances and main ingredient(s) used in this recipe:
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE: Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, RATE IT, and PIN IT! Also, tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
Strawberry Juice Recipe
- 1/4 cup of dried hibiscus flowers
- 4 cups filtered water spring water or distilled water
- 1 cup of strawberries washed and chopped I keep the tops on but you can discard them if you like
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon squeeze
- 1 to 2 packets of stevia or 2-3 tbsp of your favorite natural liquid sweeter
- Place the hibiscus flowers ½ gallon mason jar. Pour the water over the tea leaves and let steep overnight in the refrigerator. This is called a cold brew. However if time is an issue you can use boiling water and let it steep for 15 minutes.
- Once tea is ready, pour through a fine mesh strainer and discard solids. If it is cold brew it will be ready to go. If not allow tea to be chilled for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Next, place the strawberries, lemon or lime juice, and sweetener in a high-speed blender and blend till smooth. If you want you can strain the juice by running the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or you can keep it as is. Adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Add the strawberry juice to the chilled tea and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Equipment used for photos:
For more tips on improving your food photography check out the Food Photography Tools Page.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. IF YOU WANT TO REPUBLISH A RECIPE, PLEASE RE-WRITE THE RECIPE IN YOUR OWN WORDS, OR LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST FOR THE RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST.