Cucumber Chickpea Tomato Salad
This cucumber chickpea tomato salad has added avocados for creaminess and kalamata olives for added flavor and saltiness. Using local in-season tomatoes and cucumbers makes this salad healthy and refreshing.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 3 servings
- 1 large cucumber
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- ¼ medium red onion chopped
- 1-2 medium avocado chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) can chickpeas drained
- ½ - 1 cup kalamata olives
- handful parsley
- handful cilantro
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons whole hempseeds
Rinse and chop your cucumbers, onions, avocados, parsley, and cilantro.
Rinse and slice your cherry tomatoes in half and add them all to a large salad bowl along with your chickpeas and olives.
Grab a small bowl and mix all your salad dressing ingredients together. Mix well and pour over your salad.
Sprinkle on your hempseeds and toss your salad until flavors are fully combined.
Serve with your favorite Vegan BBQ Recipes or store in the refrigerator for 3 days.
A Tip for All Recipes on Vegan With Curves
To make more or less of any recipe here, click on the serving amount and move the slider up or down. The recipe will automatically adjust the ingredient amounts.
- You can use English Cucumbers for this recipe.
- This salad has kalamata olives which really gives the salad flavor. You can swap out with green olives or omit completely if you do not like the taste of olives.
- You can use Roma (plum) tomatoes chopped or multiple colored cherry tomatoes.
- I used canned chickpeas for convenience but if you prefer you can use dried chickpeas. Be sure to soak and cook them first of course.
- Don’t like chickpeas? Try this dish with white or black beans!
- You can use whatever salad dressing you desire if you don’t want to make your own.
- You can swap tomatoes for red peppers or even add them as an addition.
- Raw zucchini would also be a great addition to this salad!
- Pine nuts pair well with this salad and can be used in place of hemp seeds.
- This salad can be served as a great side dish to Vegan BBQ Recipes.
- This salad will keep in the fridge for 2 - 3 days. It is NOT freezer friendly.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1450mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 630IU | Vitamin C: 19.1mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3.3mg