Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Peanut butter oatmeal bars are an easy snack to make and quick breakfast to have for those busy mornings. These peanut butter oatmeal bars are vegan and only require 5 ingredients!
Servings 9 servings
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener of choice (I like bee free honey or coconut nectar)
Mix oatmeal, raisins, and almonds in a bowl.
Take pan and melt butter over low medium heat.
Add peanut butter and liquid sweetener in a pot. Constantly stir for a few minutes until liquid sweetner and peanut butter are completely combined. Make sure you do not burn it.
Turn off heat and immediately pour peanut butter mixture over oatmeal mixture. Stir until oatmeal mixture is completely covered in peanut butter.
Take mixture and press down firmly in a pan. Store in refrigerator to set for about an hour before cutting into individual bars. They may also be stored in the freezer for a month. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Substitutes and Additions:
- Calories 206
- Fat 46 g
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Sugar 10 g
- Protein 21 g
- If you don't like peanut butter (or are allergic to it) use any other nut butter. (almond butter, cashew butter, etc all will work)
- Mix and match the nuts you want to use or omit all together.
- Mix and match the dried fruit to your desire.
- To insure this is gluten free you can use certified gluten free old fashioned oats
- If you have trouble digesting grains try sprouted old fashioned oats. I use this brand here.