Vegan Candied Pecans
Find out how easy it is to make Vegan Candied Pecans! These candied pecans are great for salads, snacks, or a delicious homemade holiday gift for your friends or family!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cup raw pecans halves and pieces see notes
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba or water see notes
Preheat oven to 300° F (150°C).
Pour pecans in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Then add brown sugar, organic cane sugar, cinnamon powder, sea salt, ground ginger, and nutmeg powder to a separate bowl. Mix until well combined and set aside.
In a separate small dish, add ground flaxseed and aquafaba or water to a bowl. Mix well and then pour over your pecans. Mix pecans until flaxseed mixture fully coats pecans.
Next, pour sugar mixture over pecans and mix very well. Spread on single layer parchment-lined paper 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes until pecans are fragrant.
Remove from the oven. They will be bubbling and have this syrupy candied coated texture. Allow cooling for a minimum of 15 minutes so that your pecans can harden and cluster up.
Once cool, break apart and serve as a snack along with some Vegan Eggnog! You can use these pecans on top of my Sweet Potato Pecan Pie or my Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream recipe!
Leftovers. Stor in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week, in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, or in the freezer for two months.
- NUTS: Use Halves and Pieces RAW (not roasted) Pecans NOT chopped pecans. You can order some here or find them in your local grocery store. If you don’t like pecans, swap it out for walnuts or almonds!
- AQUAFABA: If you don’t want to use aquafaba, mix your flaxseed with water instead. If you don’t know what aquafaba is, scroll back up to the blog post and read the section “Vegan Candied Pecans? No Egg? How?” where I give an explanation.
- ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS: Using ground flaxseed and aquafaba, my vegan candied pecans came out clustered. However, if you want a more coated type of candied pecans, omit the ground flaxseed and just use 3 tablespoons of aquafaba. and then coat your pecans with the candied mixture and bake as instructions suggest above. You might have to adjust the baking time so keep an eye out for it if you use this method checking every 15 minutes or so.
- OPTIONAL: Feel free to omit or cut back on any of these spices if you don’t find them pleasing to your palate.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 14IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg