Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
Start your Christmas morning with these Ginger Oatmeal Cookies! Quick, healthy, and easy to make with enough ginger spice to keep you in the holiday spirit!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 10 cookies
- 1 cup old fashioned oats see notes
- ½ cup almond flour see notes
- ½ cup pecans (or walnuts), crushed see notes
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed see notes
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted see notes
- ½ cup Crockpot Apple Butter (or applesauce)
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- ¼ cup plant-based milk of your choice
Preheat oven to 350ºF (180°C). Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
Using an ice cream scooper, scoop up dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press the dough down to flatten it a bit. Bake for 15–20 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool for a minimum of 10 minutes before serving. Top with powdered sugar, Date Caramel Sauce, or Crockpot Apple Butter. You can even serve with my Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream, Vegan Eggnog, or with your favorite plant-based milk!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days at room temperature, in the refrigerator for 5-7 days, and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- OATS: You can substitute old fashioned oats with instant oats. I don't know how these would work with steel oats but you are welcomed to try.
- VEGAN BUTTER: Instead of vegan butter, you can use a tub of dairy-free margarine (it’s the same thing) or refined coconut oil.
- ADDITION & SUBSTITUTIONS: For a nutritional boost, and your favorite vegan protein powder (I like Hemp Protein) or whole hemp seeds! If you don't have almond flour use whatever flour you have on hand. This recipe would even be good with vegan chocolate or vanilla milk!
- OPTIONAL: Feel free to mix and match the type of nuts you use in this recipe or you can totally omit them if like. Ground flaxseed is NOT optional as it acts as a binder. You can use ground chia seeds instead. Just don't omit completely.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg