Easy BBQ Sauce
This is an Easy BBQ Sauce using ingredients you already have in your vegan pantry and taking less than only 30 minutes to make!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 32 tablespoons
- 1 can tomato puree
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar additional
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice optional
Add all ingredients to a medium-sized pot.
Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, and continue simmering for 15 - 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Use on BBQ Lentil Meatballs, "Beefy" Lentil Loaf, or in Vegan Baked Beans!!!
- Feel free to change the amount of spices and sweeteners to your liking. Add more sweeteners if you like it sweeter, spices if you like it hot, or mustard if you like it tangier.
- Be sure to refer to the notes above in the blog post "The 5 Components of What BBQ Sauce is Made Of" to jazz it up to make it your own.
- This Easy BBQ Sauce Recipe will keep in the refrigerator for a week and can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 28kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.3mg