Alkaline Blackberry Bars
These Blackberry Bars are made out of a crust consisting of quinoa flakes and spelt flour, and filled with Alkaline Blackberry Jam.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 bars
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grab a large mixing bowl and smash your baby bananas.
Then add your grapeseed oil and agave nectar to the smash bananas and mix well until fully combined.
Into the wet mixture, add your quinoa flakes and spelt flour. Mix ingredients forming a dough that is sticky when pressed between your fingers.
Take ⅔ mixture and press evenly into a 9 x 9-inch square line parchment pan.
Next, add your Alkaline Blackberry Jam on top and spread evenly.
Top it off with the remaining of your dough mixture crumbling evenly.
Bake for 20 minutes uncovered. Once it's done, remove from heat and allow bars to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
These bars will last in the refrigerator for about 5 to 6 days and in the freezer for about 3 months.
At the time of this post, all items used in these blackberry bars recipe were on Dr. Sebi's nutritional guide. Please note that this is NOT an “alkaline vegan” website. If you follow a strict Dr. Sebi vegan diet, I encourage to only view recipes here that indicate " Dr. Sebi Recommended."
- These bars work with any type of fruit jam. If you're not on a Dr. Sebi Diet, try these bars with my Crockpot Apple Butter recipe or Strawberry Chia Seed Jam!
- If you are using store bought blackberry jam, use less (like ½ cup) as store-bought jam is much sweeter.
- You can add unsweetened coconut flakes to your mixture to give extra flavor! (Coconut is a recommend ingredient).
- Instant oats can replace quinoa flakes if you are not on a strict Sebian Diet.
- Allow the mixture to cool for at least 15 minutes when it comes out of the oven. This will make it easier to cut into bars.
- Bars taste best the day after baking, so be sure to make these at the beginning of the week to enjoy for breakfast!
- They will store in the fridge for 3-4 days, or you can freeze for longer storage, as noted above.
- To rewarm from frozen, remove from plastic, and place in a 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 8.9mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 2.2mg