Strawberry Banana Nice Cream (with Sea Moss!)
Cool yourself off this Summer with this Electric Vegan Strawberry Banana NICE Cream! Made with burro bananas and sea moss gel, it's a high mineral sweet treat!
Servings 4 cups approximately
- 5-6 very ripe burro bananas (should equal up to 2 ½ cups frozen chopped bananas) note 1
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup sea moss gel note 2
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Hemp Sea Moss Milk note 3
- ½ small key lime, squeezed
Chop your bananas and add to a large Ziploc bag. Freeze for about 4 hours (or overnight).
Once frozen add to an 8 cup food processor, along with frozen strawberries, sea moss gel, agave nectar, hemp milk, and key lime juice.
Blend until smooth. Your mixture should be thick and "churn like" mimicking a soft server ice cream. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
Grab a glass container, and add your ice cream smoothing it out evenly.
You can either serve this as-is for soft-serve ice cream or cover it freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
Once it's firmed up, slightly thaw for 2 to 5 minutes before serving (the fruit will crystalize so it's important to let it thaw before serving).
Keep ice cream stored in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- BURRO BANANAS: You can also use baby bananas are if you are not on an Alkaline Vegan Diet just use regular bananas. Be sure to and scrap off the "phloem bundles" (aka the white "string-like part of the banana before the yellow flesh is exposed). Those create a weird texture when frozen and it's not pleasant.
- SEA MOSS GEL: The sea moss gel can be omitted if you don't have any. If you want to learn how to make it, check out How to Make Sea Moss Gel for more information.
- HEMP MILK: Any "approved" milk will work for this. If you just eat a regular vegan diet, use your choice of any dairy-free milk; homemade or bought.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 10mg