Avocado Chocolate Ice Cream
Yes, vegans can enjoy chocolate ice cream! For this Avocado Chocolate Ice Cream , you only need 6 ingredients to enjoy this creamy, sweet, and healthy dairy free dessert!
Servings 4 cups approximately
- 1 bottle Avo Keto Whole Plant Smoothie note 1
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup agave nectar note 2
- 3 tablespoon agave nectar, additional
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe avocados (peeled, pitted)
- 1 tsp arrowroot flour (optional) note 3
Add Avo Keto Whole Plant Smoothie, cocoa powder, agave nectar, vanilla extract, avocados, and arrowroot flour to a food processor or blender.
Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
Grab a glass container, and add your ice cream smoothing it out evenly. Cover and freeze it for a minimum of 4 hours.
Once it's firmed up, slightly thaw for 2 to 5 minutes before serving. Serve as is or with your favorite vegan toppings! Keep ice cream stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- KARUNA: The Avo Keto Smoothie pairs very well with this ice cream because it is made with avocado. You could also try this recipe with Karuna's Empower Whole Plant Smoothie or Pro Fit Whole Plant Smoothie! If you can't access Karuna's beverages (they are available on Amazon), use 12 ounces of any plant based milk of choice.
- AGAVE NECTAR: Use any liquid sweetener of choice.
- ARROWROOT FLOUR: Arrowroot flour helps minimize crystallization of the ice cream however it is optional. The fat content in the avocados should be enough to lessen crystallization.
Serving: 1cup (app) | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 713mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg