Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower
These Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower are crispy, vegan, and make the perfect finger food even meat eaters will love!
Servings 5 servings
- 1 small to medium cauliflower head note 1
- 1 cup white spelt flour note 2
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, aluminum-free
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk note 3
- 2 cups breadcrumbs note 4
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- additional spray oil
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- ½ cup buffalo or hot sauce
Wash and cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
In a mixing bowl, add spelt flour, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, sea salt, black pepper, and coconut milk. Whisk together well. In a separate mixing bowl, add breadcrumbs and oil. Mix together.
Add cauliflower pieces in in wet batter and evenly coat. Then evenly coat cauliflower in breadcrumbs. Add battered cauliflower to your Ninja Foodi air fryer basket in a single layer spaced out. Do not overcrowd. You want to make sure heat cooks evenly on all sides. Spray oil over cauliflower.
Cook at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes. While cauliflower is air frying, melt vegan butter in a small pot over low heat. Transfer to a bowl and add buffalo or hot sauce. Mix well.
Once cauliflower is done cooking, dip each piece into your buffalo sauce and add back to your Ninja Foodi air fryer basket in a single layer spaced out. Again do not overcrowd. Cook for an additional 10 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Repeat this process until all your cauliflower is cooked. I did this entire process twice.
Once cauliflower is done cooking, transfer to a bowl and serve immediately with dipping sauce of your choice or none at all. Cauliflower will last in the refrigerator for 1-2 additional days. It does not freeze well. Best when reheated in your air fryer to retain crispness.
- CAULIFLOWER. To save time, you can use pre-cut cauliflower.
- SPELT FLOUR. Any gluten based flour will work (regular spelt flour, wheat flour, all purpose white flour, etc). I know for a fact chickpea flour will work but not sure of any other gluten free flour will work.
- COCONUT MILK. Any plant based milk will work for this recipe.
- SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS. Cornflakes can substitute for breadcrumbs. Try this recipe with BBQ Sauce. Or even lemon pepper sauce! This recipe is super versatile.
- HOW TO REHEAT RECOMMENDATIONS. These are just recommendations and you are free to reheat them how you choose. I recommend reheating them in an air fryer to keep them crispy. An oven will work as well.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS.
- Pre heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Follow instructions 1 and 2 as stated above. In a parchment lined baking sheet, add battered cauliflower to your baking sheet in a single layer spaced out. Do not overcrowd. You want to make sure heat cooks evenly on all sides. Spray oil over cauliflower.
- While cauliflower is baking, melt vegan butter in a small pot over low heat. Transfer to a bowl and add buffalo or hot sauce. Mix well.
- Once cauliflower is done cooking, dip each piece into your buffalo sauce and add back to your oven on a baking sheet in a single layer spaced out. Again do not overcrowd. Bake for an additional 10 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Repeat this process until all your cauliflower is cooked.
Serving: 6cauliflower bites | Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 1117mg | Potassium: 586mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 216IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 6mg