1-Bowl "Alkaline" Banana Spelt Bread
All you need is one bowl to make this sweet Banana Spelt Bread. It's vegan, packed with minerals, and perfect to eat if you follow a strict Dr. Sebi Diet!
Servings 9 slices
- 6 ripe baby bananas or 2-3 ripe burro bananas note 1
- ¼ cup sea moss gel note 2
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Perrier Water note 3
- 2 cups spelt flour note 1
- ½ cup date sugar (add 2 tablespoons if you want it sweeter) note 1
- ½ cup currants note 1
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- pinch sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350° degrees F (176° C) and line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, mashed baby bananas. Add sea moss gel, grapeseed oil, and Perrie Sparkling Water to your bowl of mashed bananas and mixed together well.
In that same bowl, add spelt flour, date sugar, currants, walnuts, and pinch of salt. Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
Transfer mix into a parchment paper lined loaf pan. Top with additional walnuts and bake for 30 - 40 minutes until done. Cool before cutting.
Serve with Sea Moss Alkaline Blackberry Jam, Walnut Butter, agave nectar, or as is! Store in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
- BABY BANANAS: If you're not on a strict Dr. Sebi diet, two regular bananas will work. This goes for all ingredients on the list if you don't eat a strict Dr. Sebi Diet. (Raisins can sub for currants, sugar can sub for date sugar, all purpose flour can sub for spelt flour, etc).
- SEA MOSS GEL: The sea moss acts as a binder like a "flaxseed egg" would do but or Irish moss gel you can omit if you don't have it. You can make your own sea moss gel or Irish moss gel .
- PERRIER SPARKLING WATER: The sparkling water substitutes for the baking powder so do not skip this step.
- STORAGE: Store in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month.
Serving: 9servings | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 372mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 57IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 2mg