Green Blood Orange Smoothie
Make this smoothie using winter blood oranges, sweet bananas, and mild greens like spinach. Then enjoy this vegan smoothie for breakfast!
Servings 1 smoothie
- 1 cup packed spinach
- handful parsley with stems
- 1 medium blood orange, peeled
- 1 frozen banana, chopped see notes
- 1 tablespoons Herbal Vitamin C Powder
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sugar
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 ½ cup plant-based milk almond, soy, coconut, etc.
- small pieces of fresh turmeric and ginger, cut up see notes
- ½ squeeze lime
Rinse your spinach ingredients and add them to your high-speed blender.
Blend until nice and smooth. Serve immediately for breakfast or as a snack!
You can keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours, max 48 hours. Freeze for up to 5 days. Thaw out in the fridge overnight and re-blend before consuming it.
- GREENS: Instead of spinach, use dandelion greens, collards, or kale. If you like the taste of cilantro, you can add that or swap it with parsley.
- ORANGES: Regular oranges will work for this as well.
- BANANAS: If not using frozen bananas add ice cubes. If you don't like the banana taste substitute with ½ medium avocado to ensure a smooth smoothie. Again use 2-3 ice cubes to keep it chilled. You can also use frozen mangos for this.
- ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS: If you can't find monk fruit sugar, use 3-4 dates instead! (Make sure you take the pit out!) Hemp protein powder can sub for whole hemp seeds or omit altogether. You can also substitute fresh turmeric and fresh ginger for ¼ teaspoon of powdered turmeric and ginger.
Serving: 1smoothie | Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 513mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 3122IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 542mg | Iron: 7mg