Raw Avocado Vegan Mango Salsa
Mango and salsa might sound weird but it's the perfect combination. This Vegan Mango Salsa is fresh, raw, healthy, easy to make, and ready in under 15 minutes!
Servings 3 cups (approximately)
- 3 fresh mangos note 1
- 1 large avocado
- ¼ large red (purple) onion
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh jalapeno, chopped note 2
- half a bunch of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Udo's Oil optional
First, you want to prep all your ingredients. Rinse your mangos and cut the flesh out of the mango. If you need to know how to properly cut a mango check out this guide here.
Peel and chop your avocado. Rinse your onion, jalapeno, and cilantro and chop accordingly.
Add your chopped mangos, avocados, red (purple) onion, red pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, Udo's Oil (opt.) to a bowl and mix until well combined.
Enjoy with tortilla chips, on a salad, or with some vegan fish tacos! Salsa will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. It does not freeze well.
- MANGO: If you want to use frozen mangos for this be sure to thaw it out first and use a fully 16-ounce bag. I have not personally tried this with frozen mangos so I'm only estimating you the quantity amounts.
- JALAPENO: You can add more or less jalapeno depending on how much heat you like. You can even add a habanero pepper if you really like heat!
- ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS: This mango salsa is a versatile recipe. If you don't like avocado simply omit it. If you rather use parsley instead of cilantro or tomatoes instead of red pepper or add them in as additions, go right ahead!
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 782mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 3633IU | Vitamin C: 142mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg