5 Ingredient Roasted Cajun Peanuts
Spicy roasted nuts that are so simple and easy to make. With only 5 ingredients, this game day party snack is ready in 15 minutes!
Servings 4 (1/4 cup per serving)
- 1 cup cup raw unsalted nuts (peanuts or cashews)
- 2 tablespoons Creole Cajun seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons soy free vegan butter
- 2-3 teaspoons liquid sweetener of your choice
- 2 teaspoons basil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add Creole Cajun seasoning mix to a bowl of unsalted raw nuts and mix together with your hands.
In a small pot over medium heat, add butter and liquid sweetener until fully combined for 1 minute. Throw in basil and stir over heat for an addition minute.
Remove from heat and pour over nuts fully coating. Grab a baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Spread seasoned nuts evenly on pan and bake for for about 10-15 minutes until nuts are toasted to a light brown color.
Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before storing them in a container. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Substitutes and Additions:
- Calories 250
- Fat 22 g
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Sugar 5 g
- Protein 7 g
- Can use any nuts you desire. Cashews really go well with this recipe.
- The longer you let it sit the better the flavor. Make it a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator to serve for the next day for optimum flavor.