Vegan Breakfast Pancake Recipe
A delicious vegan breakfast pancake recipe that is also gluten free! A healthy and romantic breakfast pancake recipe to make on Valentines Day or any day of the year!
Servings 3 (makes app 6 pancakes; serving size is 2 pancakes)
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I highly recommend Trader Joes brand)
- 1 tablespoons baking powder (aluminum free preferably)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (aluminum free preferably)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt Himalayan Pink Sea Salt preferably)
- 1-2 tablespoons Monk Fruit Sugar (coconut sugar or organic cane sugar)
- 1 cup Karuna's Divine Pinkalicious
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium ripe banana
First add t 1 cup of gluten free flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder(opt), 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt, and 1-2 tablespoons of sugar in a large mixing bowl and toss together with a whisk or fork.
Second add both banana and 1 cup of Karuna's Divine Pinkalicious and slightly blend together. Put it in a separate and bowl and add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir until fully combined.
Third pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together whisking thoroughly until no lumps remain.
Grab your skillet or non stick pan and add a drop of oil making sure pan is very hot ( over medium-high heat.)
I use a 1/4 cup measurement to create the standard 4-inch pancake. Drop it into very hot skillet and cook for 60 seconds or so until you see large bubbles form. Flip and cook for another 60 seconds. Continue cooking in 1/4 cup measures until all your batter is used. NOTE: You can test one pancake and adjust if it's too thin or to thick by adding more liquid or flour accordingly.)
Serve with your choice of fruit, nuts, and syrup. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Substitutes and Additions:
- Calories 175
- Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 39 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Sugar 4 g
- Protein 3 g
- Feel free to use any flour of choice however with gluten based flours be sure not to over mix
- Karuna's natural bottled drinks are available in the Chicago and St. Louis area and will be expanding! If you currently do not have access to these drinks use plain use pineapple juice instead. Note pineapple juice is highly sweeten so it is suggested to omit sugar for the glaze. As always adjust to your taste buds.
- For an additional boost add protein powder!
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 611mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 2.2mg