Vegan Potato Salad
This Vegan Potato Salad is made with red potatoes, vegan mayo, and a hint of mustard to give it extra flavor. It comes together in just 24 minutes and can be served warm, cold, or room temperature!
Servings 4 cups
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- ⅓ cup pickle relish
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice optional
- 1-4 cups water 1 cup for pressure cooking, 4 cups for stove top
- 5 medium red or golden potatoes about 3 cups chopped
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
Pressure Cooker Directions (Ninja Foodi)
Add your vegan mayo, mustard, pickle relish, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to a bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
Next grab your Ninja Foodi and add 1 cup of water to your pot. Then place your reversible rack in lower position to as if you were going to steam. (Or use a steam basket if you are using a different electric pressure cooker)
Add chopped potatoes on top of your rack or basket and close with pressure cooker lid. Turn the dial to seal.
Turn your Ninja Foodi on and press the pressure button. It should automatically read high (HI). Set your time to 4 minutes and press start.
Allow 10 minutes for pressure to rise. Once it rises your Ninja Foodi will beep and start the countdown from 4 minutes.
Once 4 minutes have elapsed, immediately turn your dial to vent on your pressure cooker lid. (This is called a quick release or QR).
Your Ninja Foodi will countdown until all the pressure is release. Once it's done, remove your lid and your potatoes should be fork tender.
CAREFULLY remove your rack from your Ninja Foodi ensuring the potatoes stay on the rack and you don't burn yourself (use a mitten). Add potatoes to a large bowl. Scope up any remaining potatoes left in your pot.
While potatoes are still hot, add your onions and potato salad sauce on top of potatoes. Mix with your potatoes slightly mashing some of the potatoes as you go along.
Cover and chill for a few hours if you desire cold potato salad. Garnish with paprika and parsley (optional).
Stove Top Directions
Follow step one in Ninja Foodi instructions.
Add 3-4 cups of water to your pot and bring to a boil. Add your potatoes to boiling water and boil for 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes fork tender.
Once potatoes are cooked drain and add to a large bowl. Follow steps 9 & 10 in Ninja Foodi instructions.
- Both russet potatoes and gold potatoes will work for this. Use whatever you have on hand.
- You can keep the skin on your potatoes. I often do provide ease and additional color.
- Stir in the mayo mixture when the potatoes are still warm. The potatoes will absorb more of the flavors.
- Omit onions if you do not like them in your potato salad. You can also add celery if you wish.
- The lemon juice is optional if you like a more tangy potato salad.
- Serve the vegan potato salad warm, room temperature, or cold.
- The potato salad will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days, so make it ahead of time if you can. Potato Salad DOES NOT freeze well.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 752mg | Potassium: 1237mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 23.4mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2.2mg