The BEST Vegan Guacamole
This is BEST vegan guacamole recipe out there! It's super easy and it is ready in under 10 minutes. You will never buy store bought guacamole again!
Servings 4 servings
- ¼ medium purple onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic paste note 1
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 medium avocados, sliced and peeled
- ½ teaspoon fresh squeeze lime juice
- ¼ cup tomatoes optional
- additional sea salt to taste if needed
Make sure all your onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro is rinsed and chopped. On a cutting board, add onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic paste, and cilantro. Sprinkle sea salt and cumin powder on top, and with a fork or potato masher, mash your ingredients together until it forms a paste.
In a large bowl, add your paste, peeled and sliced avocados, and mash avocados into the paste until avocados are fully smashed. Add lime juice and tomatoes and mix in. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking adding additional salt if needed. Serve on top of some Vegan Oyster Mushroom Nachos or as a dip with tortilla chips!
- GARLIC PASTE: You can use fresh minced garlic instead of pre bought garlic paste.
- PASTE: DO NOT skip making the paste or you run the risk of having bland guacamole
- TOMATOES: Tomatoes are included in this recipe but are not typically traditional and can be omitted
- SERVINGS: Will keep in the refrigerator of up to 3 days. While you can freeze this dip (and it can store for up to 3 months), I personally would not due to it having other components in it like cilantro, tomato, etc. The texture could be off in freezing so I suggest eating it fresh.
- NUTRITION: Serving sizes are not based on exact measurement of cups but instead dividing the dip up into 4 even portions.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 593mg | Potassium: 775mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg