Breakfast Potato Hash (Vegan)
Breakfast potato hash is a hearty and filling breakfast we all enjoy! This breakfast potato hash is simple to make and can be made the night before to save time for those busy mornings! Made with a mixture sweet potatoes, white potatoes, onions, and your favor seasonings and spices!
Servings 6 servings (1/2 cup)
- 4 medium white potatoes (washed, chopped, and peeled)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (washed, chopped, and peeled)
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter (for sauteing onions)
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Toss your diced potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and melted butter and mix well.
Add potato mixture to 9 inch pan cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes until potatoes are fully cooked through. Then remove from oven and set aside.
Grab a skillet and place on medium high heat. Add in chopped onions and vegan butter. Cook for 5 constantly stirring to soften onions. Then add in cooked potatoes with onions and stir for a bout 2 more minutes till fully mixed. Turn off and let cool
Serve with tofu scramble or in a breakfast burrito. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Substitutes and Additions:
- Calories 237
- Fat 7 g
- Carbohydrates 39 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Sugar 5 g
- Protein 5 g
- You can only use white potatoes if you are not a fan of sweet potatoes
- Get creative and add veggies like kale or mushrooms.