This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Roasted Cajun Peanuts are so simple and easy to make. With only 5 ingredients, this make-ahead snack is ready in 15 minutes!
The 5 Ingredients that Make this Recipe
- Raw Peanuts: For this spicy roasted nut recipe I used peanuts but if you can use any nuts you desire (especially cashews; they really work well with this). Make sure the nuts you use are raw and unsalted since you will be roasting them yourself.
- Cajun Seasoning Mix: This seasoning is my FAVORITE mixture. I used it in my black-eyed pea soup recipe for the new year. It gives the right amount of spice and other flavors.
- Basil: This is to help balance out the salt and spice.
- Liquid Sweetener: This adds a slight sweetness again to help bring it to balance but it's more so to help the seasoning "stick" to the nuts.
- Vegan Butter: What doesn't taste good with vegan butter? This calorie dense food helps keep the nuts from being too dry.
First add your seasoning to a bowl of unsalted raw nuts and mix together with your hands. Then you take melted butter, syrup, and thyme and pour over nuts coating evenly. Grab a parchment paper and spread nuts evenly on pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. That's it!
I recommend allowing nuts to cool before digging in (I know it will be hard to do but try!) In fact if you make them a day before and store them overnight (in the refrigerator) The flavors will really soak in! Enjoy!
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Gain?
Peanuts have 38 grams of protein per cup.
More Cajun Recipes You’ll Love
Other Cajun Recipes
5 Ingredient Roasted Cajun Peanuts
- 1 cup cup raw unsalted nuts (peanuts or cashews)
- 2 tablespoons Creole Cajun seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons soy free vegan butter
- 2-3 teaspoons liquid sweetener of your choice
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add Creole Cajun seasoning mix to a bowl of unsalted raw nuts and mix together with your hands.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add butter and liquid sweetener until fully combined for 1 minute. Throw in basil and stir over heat for an addition minute.
- Remove from heat and pour over nuts fully coating. Grab a baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Spread seasoned nuts evenly on pan and bake for for about 10-15 minutes until nuts are toasted to a light brown color.
- Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before storing them in a container. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Calories 250
- Fat 22 g
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Sugar 5 g
- Protein 7 g
- Can use any nuts you desire. Cashews really go well with this recipe.
- The longer you let it sit the better the flavor. Make it a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator to serve for the next day for optimum flavor.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.