This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spicy roasted nuts that are so simple and easy to make. With only 5 ingredients, this make ahead snack is ready in 15 minutes. Eat as is or top on salads! Also perfect for your game day events!
I might be the minority, but I like savory flavored roasted nuts better than sweet flavored roasted ones. That’s why spicy roasted nuts are right up my ally.
This spicy nut recipe is super simple and easy to make. It won’t take up much time. After all I feel that is what snacks are suppose to be for right? Quick and easy. These spicy roasted nuts are great to add as a snack in between meals, to add to a salad, or to serve during a game day party (along with beer if you are anything like my dad).
Vegan Curve Building Ingredients
For this spicy roasted nut recipe I used peanuts but if you can use any nuts you desire (especially cashews; they really work well with this). Make sure the nuts you use are raw and and unsalted since you will be roasting them yourself. Peanuts has 38 grams of protein per cup.
This seasoning is my FAVORITE mixture. I used it in my black eyed pea soup recipe for the new year. It gives the right amount of spice and other flavors.
This is to help balance out the salt and spice.
This is adds a slight sweetness again to help bring it to balance but it’s more so to help the seasoning “stick” to the nuts.
What doesn’t taste good with vegan butter? This calorie dense food helps keep the nuts from being too dry.
First add your seasoning to a bowl of unsalted raw nuts and mix together with your hands. Then you take melted butter, syrup, and thyme and pour over nuts coating evenly. Grab a parchment paper and spread nuts evenly on pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. That’s it!
I recommend allowing nuts to cool before digging in (I know it will be hard to do but try!) In fact if you make them a day before and store them overnight (in the refrigerator) The flavors will really soak in! Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? Do you enjoy snacking on roasted nuts? What’s your favorite type? Tell me about it. Leave a comment below, rate it, and PIN IT! Also tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Spicy roasted nuts! #GameDay party snack is ready in 15 minutes! #VeganWithCurves #VeganRecipes #veganfoodshare ” quote=”This game day party snack is ready in 15 minutes! “]
5 Ingredient Spicy Roasted Nuts
- 1 cup cup raw unsalted nuts (peanuts or cashews)
- 2 tablespoons Creole Cajun seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons soy free vegan butter
- 2-3 teaspoons liquid sweetener of your choice
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add Creole Cajun seasoning mix to a bowl of unsalted raw nuts and mix together with your hands.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add butter and liquid sweetener until fully combined for 1 minute. Throw in basil and stir over heat for an addition minute.
- Remove from heat and pour over nuts fully coating. Grab a baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Spread seasoned nuts evenly on pan and bake for for about 10-15 minutes until nuts are toasted to a light brown color.
- Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before storing them in a container. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- Calories 250
- Fat 22 g
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Sugar 5 g
- Protein 7 g
- Can use any nuts you desire. Cashews really go well with this recipe.
- The longer you let it sit the better the flavor. Make it a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator to serve for the next day for optimum flavor.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. WHEN SHARING A RECIPE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST. READ FULL COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE.