This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creole Cajun Seasoning Mix is a southern New Orleans staple. Adds bold flavor to your vegan soups and stews. Easy to make with 9 ingredients already found in your curvy vegan pantry!
I had no idea how hard it was to find Cajun seasoning mix in the stores. I found out after going to 3 stores looking for this spice to add to my vegan black eyed pea soup. But luckily for me making a homemade version is very easy and all the spices I already had in my vegan pantry!
How to make Cajun seasoning mix
First start with the basics; paprika, black pepper, and pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
Second add your bold flavors; onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
Last, add herbs for subtle flavors; oregano, basil, and thyme.
Mix it all together and viola you have your homemade creole seasoning cajun mix! To find out where to find these common spices reference spices for a vegan pantry.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? Do you normally use a Cajun flavors in your cooking? If so for what dish? Tell me about it. Leave a comment below, rate it, and PIN IT! Also tag photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
Homemade Creole Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon cayenne powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon basil
- Combine all the ingredients in a small or medium bow. Mix until all ingredients have been fully combined
- Store in any airtight container, glass jar, or zip lock bag. Add a label marked with title and date made. Store for up to 6 months.