This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This New Orleans classic is now vegan! This easy Vegan Remoulade Sauce gives you the same flavor you grew up loving without the animal by-products!
What is Remoulade Sauce?
Remoulade sauce is a French sauce made popular in Louisiana. It has a base of mayonnaise and mustard with added spices like cajun seasoning, pickle relish, and herbs like parsley.
Making a vegan version was super simple. All I did was make swap out animal-based mayo for a vegan-based mayonnaise and you will never be able to tell the difference!
What to Serve with this Sauce?
- This sauce is most popular served on top of a Vegan Po’ Boy Sandwich made with Fried Oyster Mushrooms.
- It’s a great dipping sauce for french fries, fried okra, or vegan fish.
- Perfect sauce topping for vegan crab cakes.
How to Make Remoulade Sauce?
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
- Add all your ingredients to a bowl. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Mix together until fully combined and served as a dipping sauce or on top of your favorite vegan sandwich. (Photos 3 & 4)
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- You can use homemade vegan mayo if you don’t like or can’t find any vegan mayonnaise in your store.
- This sauce will last in the refrigerator for up to 14 days (2 full weeks). DO NOT freeze or store it in a pantry.
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Gain?
This sauce is high in calories because of the vegan mayo (which is calorically dense).
But sauce alone will not help you gain weight. Be sure to pair it with foods that are high in healthy calories
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Loss?
You can make this recipe apart of your vegan weight loss plan by:
- Use this sauce over a salad! That would be delicious!
More Vegan Sauce Recipes You’ll Love
Other Cajun Recipes
Vegan Remoulade Sauce
- This sauce will keep in the refriderator for up to 2 weeks. It is NOT freezer friendly. DO NOT store at room tempeture.
- VEGAN MAYO: You can use homemade vegan mayo if you don’t like or can’t find any vegan mayonnaise in your store.
- MUSTARD: The amount of mustard you use will depend on how much tanginess you like in your sauce. Adjust to your liking.
- CAJUN SEASONING MIX: You can use store-bought cajun seasoning if you don’t want to make your own.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.