This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Date Caramel Sauce uses just 5 ingredients! All you need is a high-speed blender and 5 minutes to make this sweet and silky vegan caramel sauce!
I have a confession. I highly prefer caramel sauce over chocolate sauce. And this vegan version does NOT disappoint! This Date Caramel Sauce is so good and comes together in minutes!
What is Vegan Caramel Made of?
Traditional caramel is made from dairy products. But vegan versions can be made in many different ways.
This Date Caramel Sauce is made with…
- dates (hence the name). Dates have a natural caramel taste and make for a perfect base for vegan caramel sauces.
- rice syrup (additional sweetener). The addition of the rice syrup in this recipe makes it silkier as rice syrup is very sticky.
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- sea salt for that salted caramel taste.
You just throw everything in a blender and viola’. This is my favorite method because it’s simple.
However, there are other recipes that use more traditional methods of making a caramel sauce over a stove. Jessica in the Kitchen has a wonderful 3 ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce that uses this method.
What do You Date Caramel Sauce With?
You probably have seen this recipe in a few of my videos. That is because I eat this with almost everything sweet!😂But below I narrowed it down a bit of the many ways to I enjoy date caramel sauce!
- I use as a dip for apple slices! A healthier version of caramel apples!
- It tastes great on my morning pancakes, french toast or even on oatmeal like my Vegan Baked Oatmeal recipe.
- Date Caramel Sauce tastes fantastic on desserts like my Banana Cinnamon Muffins or my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe!
- In the Summertime, I use them in my Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream recipe!
- For Thanksgiving, I will put it on top of my Pumpkin Pie Bars or Sweet Potato Pecan Pie! Talk about good!!!
How to Make Date Caramel Sauce?
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
Blending Your Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Add your dates and other ingredients to a blender. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Blend till smooth and pour into a glass jar or bowl. That’s it! So easy it almost doesn’t need a recipe!
- (Photos 3 & 4)
Substitution, Cook, and Storage Tips:
- Make sure your dates are fresh and soft. If not, soak your dates in some warm water for 15 minutes then drain. This adds back in moisture.
- You can swap almond milk for coconut milk or even use vanilla flavored almond milk for additional flavor.
- Peanut butter would also give this caramel sauce a salted flavor plus a protein boost!
- Both rice syrup and coconut nectar work with this recipe because it’s very sticky and makes it silkier. But if you desire you can omit this or use maple syrup or agave.
- Use this date caramel sauce on top of vegan ice cream, pancakes, in oatmeal, in smoothies, or even for dipping apples!
- This will keep covered in the refrigerator for 2 -3 weeks. It is NOT freezer friendly.
Vegan With Curves Star Ingredient
Dates are the Vegan With Curves star ingredient of this recipe. Dates are a natural sweetener high in curvy carbohydrates. Not only is it sweet but it’s packed with nutrients and fiber.
To make this more weight loss (waste/weight release friendly) you could:
- Lower the portion serving.
- Omit the additional sweetener in your caramel sauce.
- Remember it’s caramel sauce so it’s not necessarily meant to be weight loss friendly. Just eat this sparingly.
Warning. This caramel sauce is SUPER addicting! Try not to overindulge too much! Enjoy!
MORE SWEET CONDIMENT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
5 Ingredient Date Caramel Sauce
- ½ cup pitted dates see notes
- 2 tablespoons rice syrup see notes
- ½ cup almond milk see notes
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- First, make sure you remove the seeds from all dates you are using (this what is meant when I say "pitted dates").
- Add all of your ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Blend for 30 -60 seconds on high until smooth. You can add a little more milk in order to get the mixture going. NOTE: Don't add in too much milk as it will make it to liquidity.
- Transfer to a jar and cover for storage. This will keep covered in the refrigerator for 2 -3 weeks. It is NOT freezer friendly.
- DATES: Remember to remove the seed from your dates before adding them to your blender. You don't want to blend your dates with the seed still in them. That would be very unpleasant. Also make sure your dates are fresh and soft. If not, soak your dates in some warm water for 15 minutes then drain. This adds back in moisture.
- SWEETNER: Both rice syrup and coconut nectar work with this recipe because it's very sticky and makes it silkier. But if you desire you can omit this or use maple syrup or agave.
- NON DAIRY MILK: You can swap almond milk for coconut milk or even use vanilla flavored almond milk for additional flavor.
- ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS: Peanut butter would also give this caramel sauce a salted flavor plus a protein boost!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full affiliate disclaimer HERE.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. WHEN SHARING A RECIPE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST. READ FULL COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE.