This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Pie Bars! This quick and easy dessert is a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas! And can you believe it’s Vegan, Gluten Free, and Keto? Delicious and allergy free!
Who would have ever thought 2018 would come to an end? The holidays come around so fast but I am anxiously awaiting Thanksgiving! What better way to bring in the holidays than with these healthy pumpkin pie bars!
The best part of these pumpkin pie bars is that they’re Vegan and Keto friendly! Yes a low carb pumpkin pie! Now you know here at Vegan With Curves we preach high carb diets and that is still my stance. I DON’T recommend a fully low carb diet. However one thing vegans can learn from the Keto community is increasing their fat intake especially if you are a curvy vegan. So I took the best of both worlds and came up with this recipe.
I use almond flour for the crust and sweeten it with erythritol (a natural low glycemic sugar) to keep this dessert low carb but still healthy! This recipe is used with Karuna’s Banana and Cinnamon Whole Plant Smoothie Drink! This beverage has 6 times more protein than almond milk and is an excellent source of fiber and magnesium.
Here’s how to make it. (Please read refer to full recipe below as well)
This pie came out super creamy and delicious. Just top with some coconut cream for more healthy fats and you are good to go! This will satisfy any dietary restrictions this holiday season! Vegan, Gluten Free, and Keto in one dish? Can’t get any better than that! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Keto)
- 1 1/2 cup fine almond flour
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup of Karuna's Banana and Cinnamon Whole Plant Smoothie
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of erythritol sugar
- 2 tablespoons of agar agar powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a square pan and set aside.
- Grab your food processor and add the crust ingredients. Process until the dough starts to come together.
- Dump the almond crust into the greased square pan and press it into the bottom. Smooth the edges over with your fingers and set aside.
- Next clean your food processor bowl and add the filling ingredients. Process until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and smooth over with a spatula. Bake the pie for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Remove the pie and let cool for about 30 minutes then transfer to the fridge and allow it to set for another 4 hours or overnight. Slice and serve with coconut cream and enjoy!
- This recipe has net carbs of 5 grams. '
- This can work with any type of sugar if you don't adhere to a Keto friendly diet. You can also use your favorite crust recipe that fits your dietary restrictions!