This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I went to the Asian Market in my area for the first time last week and I found fresh longan berries! During the summer I use Karuna’s Fruity Longan Drink in my homemade Longan Raspberry Peach Popsicles. It’s made a comeback!
I had never had the pleasure of experiencing a fresh one longan berry before. Now that I have, I’m in love with these eyeball looking berries! They are so sweet and have the texture similar to a grape. Just peel and eat around the black seed. I am even more impressed with Karuna’s entire drink line because after tasting a fresh Longan Berry I realize the drink taste exactly like the fruit. This furthers my commitment to this brand. Angela, the founder of Karuna, uses nothing but the highest quality ingredients and is processed in a way where the flavor profile of the ingredient remains intact instead of hidden with a ton of white processed sugar you sometimes find in other fruit juices.
This drink makes a wonderful glaze for the upcoming holidays! The recipe featured below utilizes two of my favorite vegetables; sweet potatoes and carrots. It smells so good coming out the oven so try not to eat it before it cools down 😉 This simple dish only requires prepping your vegetables and making a sauce to pour over veggies before you roast them. That’s it! It will take the load off you and become one the quickest dishes you make this holiday season for your family to enjoy.
You can use any kind of root vegetables you desire. Yukon root, parsnips, butternut squash, or even some zucchini (my favorite veggie by the way).
Curved Building Root Vegetables: Root vegetables are the number one source of carbohydrates even more so than grains because they have a higher content of vitamins and minerals and easier to digest. This dish contains up to 42 grams of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are number on to building a curvy figure.
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE: Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? What your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? What are your favorite root vegetables? Tell me about it! Leave a comment below, rate it, pin it, and tag a photo #VeganWithCurves and #MyKaruna on Instagram so we can see it!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? HOVER IMAGE BELOW TO PIN!
Longan Berry Glazed Roasted Vegetables
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 6 carrots
- 1/2 cup of Karuna's Longan Berry Drink
- 1 tablespoon of organic cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons of melted vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of squeezed lemon or lime
- Dried or fresh thyme or Rosemary optional
- Preheat at 350°
- Pill your sweet potatoes and beets or if you like you can keep the skin of the vegetables on as a skin of the vegetables have the most nutrients whatever your preference is make sure they are all washed and chopped
- Grab a big pan and line it with baking paper or parchment paper add your vegetables to the pan
- Next start assembling your sauce at juice sweetener butter and cinnamon powder and dried herbs. Mixwell
- Pour sauce over vegetables and pan making sure you coat the vegetables you really grab for oil and cover vegetables and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes
- Once vegetables are cooked till soft remove foil from vegetables and bake for another 10 minutes so that the sauce can get really glazy glazed like
- Remove from pan and that cool for 5 minutes before serving. With your favorite Thanksgiving dishes vegan macaroni vegan dressing with cranberry sauce lentil loaf green beans and or meatballs enjoy!