This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Do you think pumpkin is overhyped? Not with this recipe! This easy Pumpkin Smoothie recipe will convert non-pumpkin believers into pumpkin spice lovers! Bursting with fall flavors, this sweet and creamy Pumpkin Smoothie has an added nutritional boost of plant-based protein.
So here is the thing… I NEVER been a fan of pumpkin anything. (Dodge bottles thrown from pumpkin lovers). But that was because I never really gave it a fair shot. But with the creation of this creamy protein pumpkin smoothie recipe, I have to say I am now a pumpkin believer!
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Do you think pumpkin is overhyped? Not with this recipe! This easy pumpkin smoothie recipe will convert non-pumpkin believers into pumpkin spice lovers! #veganwithcurves #veganrecipes #pumpkinspice #pumpkin #veganfoodshare #fallrecipes #vegansmoothies” quote=”Do you think pumpkin is overhyped? Not with this recipe! This easy pumpkin smoothie recipe will convert non-pumpkin believers into pumpkin spice lovers! “]
The perfect combination of fall flavors and healthy plant-based protein! Protein smoothies are a HUGE part of building vegan curves. After working out, your muscles need protein and carbohydrates in order to rebuild itself. I will admit, I have not always been up on adding smoothies to this site but that will be changing starting with this protein pumpkin smoothie recipe!
Why this recipe works?
- It’s sweet like pumpkin pie but healthy! Pumpkin is a very healthy food to include in your diet. It is very high in vitamin A (beta-carotene) and vitamin C.
- It’s smooth and creamy! Makes for a delicious post-workout smoothie that is not gritty. One you will actually enjoy.
- It has brown sugar. There is something magical about brown sugar and pumpkin that goes so well together.
- It is packed with vegan protein! Making it ideal for a post-workout smoothie.
Here’s how to make them: (READ FULL RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS)
This recipe is so simple and easy; it will take less than 10 minutes. You simply gather all your ingredients and blend them in your high-speed blender until smooth. That’s it!
Yummy and creamy protein pumpkin smoothie!
Vegan With Curves Star Ingredient
Raw, Shelled Hemp Seeds is the Vegan With Curves star of this dish! Raw, shelled hemp seeds are different than hemp protein powder in that it is in its shell instead of processed into a powder. Because of this, it has the added component of healthy fats. I use both hemp protein powder (my favorite) and raw, shelled hemp seeds but for this recipe, I choose the seeds to keep the pumpkin flavor and orange color the star of the show. Raw, shelled hemp seeds have 10 g of protein per serving.
Not only will this recipe make for a good post workout, it will also make for an excellent Fall filled quick breakfast. Enjoy!
Appliances and main ingredient(s) used in this recipe:
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE: Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, RATE IT, and PIN IT! Also, tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
Protein Pumpkin Smoothie (Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free)
- Grab all your ingredients and add to your high-speed blender.
- Blend until nice and smoothie. Serve immediately for breakfast or as a post-workout drink! Will keep for 24 hours in the refrigerator but will also get thicker as it sits.
Tips and Variations
- Use the coconut milk that you purchase in the refrigerator section of your local grocery store not the kind in the can.
- If you don't like the taste of coconut milk, try vanilla flavor almond milk.
- Maple syrup would be a great sweetener alternative to brown sugar.
Equipment used for photos:
For more tips on improving your food photography check out the Food Photography Tools Page.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. IF YOU WANT TO REPUBLISH A RECIPE, PLEASE RE-WRITE THE RECIPE IN YOUR OWN WORDS, OR LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST FOR THE RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST.