This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This post has been compensated by Karuna Beverages, a long term partner of Vegan With Curves. All opinions are mine alone.
Boost your immune system with this easy Protein Mango Orange Smoothie! This smoothie is naturally sweetened with fruit containing no refined sugar and packed with 20 grams of protein!
Immune Boosting Protein Smoothie Ingredients
- Rejuvenate Whole Plant Juice. Karuna’s Rejuvenate Juice is packed with antioxidants thanks to the goji berries and is high in Vitamin A thanks to the mango ingredients in the drink.
- Oranges. Oranges are high in Vitamin C which helps to makes your body more alkaline and their outer skin has bioflavonoids that help you absorb Vitamin C.
- Fresh Ginger and Turmeric. Ginger is antibacterial and Turmeric is anti-inflammatory because it contains curcumin, a powerful antioxidant. Both properties help fight allergies.
- Hemp Seeds. Hemp seeds are high in calories, healthy fats, and plant-based protein. Plus, it is packed with immune-boosting omega 3s.
How to Make a Mango Orange Smoothie?
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
Prep and Blend Ingredients
Grab all of your ingredients and add them to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately. (Photos 1, 2, 3 & 4)
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- Hemp seeds are there for added protein and calories. They don’t affect the taste of the smoothie and can be omitted. (Just remember you will lose calories and protein if you do omit).
- This smoothie is best served fresh. However, you can keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours, max 48 hours. You can freeze for up to 7 days.
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Gain?
The hemp seeds add protein, extra calories, and healthy fats making it a calorie-dense food.
Add this to your daily regimen by drinking it for breakfast, midday snack, or even better after a strength training workout!
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Loss?
To make this more weight loss (waste/weight release friendly) you could:
- Lower the portion serving (drink half today, half tomorrow).
- Omit the hemp seeds to lower the number of calories and fat.
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
Protein Mango Orange Smoothie
- ½ cup Karuna Rejuvenate Whole Plant Juice
- 1 organic orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ cup frozen mangos
- 1 small baby banana or ½ large banana, very ripe
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh turmeric, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons whole hemp seeds
- Add all your ingredients to a highspeed blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Smoothie will keep in the fridge for up to 24 hours and can be frozen for up to 7 days.
- FRESH GINGER & TURMERIC. If fresh ginger and fresh turmeric aren’t available you can omit it 1 or both or use ¼ teaspoon of powdered ginger and/or turmeric.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full affiliate disclaimer HERE.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. WHEN SHARING A RECIPE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST. READ FULL COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE.