This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan peanut butter banana ice cream is a simple, sugar free, dairy free, and homemade dessert with just five basic ingredients. This dessert has lots of vegan protein and it can be enjoyed after an intense workout!
Have you ever had ice cream as a post workout meal? With this recipe you can! This peanut butter banana ice cream recipe was inspired by my favorite post workout protein shake I been drinking for over 6 years. Not only is this ice cream protein rich but it has no refined sugar!
Of course I had to add an additional protein boost using Karuna’s Protein and Fiber drink!
Karuna’s Protein and Fiber drink This drink has 9 grams of plant-based protein way more than the standard over the counter almond milk you would buy. It contains plant based protein packed ingredients like quinoa, black soy beans, and flax seed. It’s delicious on it’s own (and I often use this drink as the base of my workout smoothies instead of plant based milk) and it works wonderful in this peanut butter banana ice cream
Vegan Curve Building Ingredients
Peanut butter! My favorite ingredient in the entire world! I could eat jars of this every week! Peanut butter is highly caloric dense having about 200 calories per serving (2 tbsps) and 5 grams of protein.
To make you will need a food processor. Add all your ingrediants to your food processor.
Next blend until smooth and completely combined. If you prefer a soft serve ice cream you can serve it as is. Or you can transfer to a glass dish, cover and freeze for a few hours to firm up.
On your next curvy vegan workout try this as a post workout meal instead of a traditional smoothie. Not only will it cool you down but it will be a fun treat to eat! Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? Have you ever made homemade ice cream? Tell me about it. Leave a comment below, rate it, and PIN IT! Also tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- 4 medium frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Karuna's Protein and Fiber Drink
- 3 packets Stevia (or use 2 tbsps of whatever natural sugar or liquid sweetner you have on hand)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Grab all your ingriedents and add them to a food processor.
- Blend for like 2 to 3 minutes. Depending on the power of your food processor it might take longer or shorter. Blend until all ingredients are completely combined and smooth.
- Ice cream will be soft serve and if you want you can serve it this way. For a more firmer ice cream transfer to a glass dish, cover, and freeze for 3 to 5 hours. Let thaw slightly for 2 to 5 minutes and scoop adding your favorite toppings or eating as is.
- Keep ice cream stored in freezer for up to 5 days.
- Calories 224
- Fat 9 g
- Carbohydrates 36 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Sugar 18 g
- Protein 5 g
- If you do not like the taste of stevia you can add 2 tablespoons of your favorite natural sweetener.
- If you don't have access to Karuna's Drink , you can use your favorite coffee drink or full fat coconut milk.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. WHEN SHARING A RECIPE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST. READ FULL COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE.