This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Crockpot Peanut Butter Steel Cut Oats is the perfect breakfast for busy folks! A healthy filling vegan breakfast to make in your crockpot!
Before I get my day started the LAST thing I want to do is worry about breakfast. And tho I love smoothies sometimes I just want something more filling. Crock pot Steel Cut Oats to the rescue!
Crockpot Steel Cut Oats is the perfect breakfast for busy folks! A healthy filling vegan breakfast to make in your crock pot!
Why use a Crockpot?
Crockpots are a lifesaver because they allow to enjoy this wonderful oat without having stand over the stove waiting for their oats to simmer. I can come in from the days events, put on my breakfast for the next day and do a million other things I need to do.
Why this recipe works?
- You’re using a crockpot! Like I mentioned above the crockpot use in this recipe saves a ton of time. You literally throw all your ingredients in a pot, set the timer, close the lid and let it do it’s thing.
- Make Ahead Breakfast. This recipe is perfect for meal prep because it makes A LOT and can last all week long. If you double the batch you can even freeze it for months ahead!
- Versatile Toppings. Here I use my caramelized banana topping recipe in featured in my 28 Day Meal Plan Guide.
How to Make this Comforting Breakfast! (READ FULL RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS)
It’s super simple. Almost so simple that you don’t need instructions (almost 😉). Gather all your ingredients and add them to a crockpot. Cook on low for 3 hours and go do other things with your day. Once done it will be super creamy (yum! 😋) and you can serve with your choice of toppings. I love eating these with my caramelized bananas 28 Day Vegan With Curves Meal Plan Guide.
Vegan With Curves Star Ingredient
Steel cut oats is the star of this recipe. Both steel cut oats and the familiar rolled oats you see commonly in the store come from whole oat groats the difference is in how they ate processed. Steel cut oats are whole oat groats that have been cut with a steel blade hence the name steel cut oats. They are less processed than instant oats or rolled oats. Steel Cut oats are a Curvy Carbohydrate having 29 grams per every 1/4 cup.
How to make this Waste/Weight Release (Weight Loss) Friendly?
- Leave out the peanut butter as it adds more calories to the dish.
- Use berries as your toppings instead of extra bananas.
- Lower the portions per serving.
If you never had steel cut oats before this recipe is the perfect introduction! It will keep in your refrigerator all week long (5 – 7 days) and you can even freeze it for 1 – 2 months. Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? Tell me about it. Leave a comment below, rate it, and PIN IT! Also tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
Crockpot Peanut Butter Steel Cut Oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 medium smashed banana
- 3 tablespoons hempseeds
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup monkfruit or organic cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- handful almonds-topping optional
- coconut nectar - topping optional
- Caramelized Banana Recipe -topping optional
- Grab all of your ingredients and add them to a crockpot. Mix to combine.
- Turn your crockpot on low and allow to cook for 3 to 4 hours
- Each steel cut brand is different. Mine oats were done in 3 hours. If you oate aren't done within thr 3 to 4 hour ration continue cooking them on low checking every hour. Be sure not to over cook them as to not have the oats dry up and burn.
- Once done you can serve immediately topping it with your favorite toppings like my caramelized bananas found in my 28 Day Vegan With Curves Meal Plan Guide. Or you can store this recipe to have breakfast all week long. It will keep for 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator and 1 to 2 months in the freezer.
- I don't own an instant pot but I'm sure this recipe can be made in one. Feel free to experiment with it.
- You can make this over a stove just be sure to keep it on low and check periodically making sure not to burn.
- If you need something quicker try this recipe with Trader's Joes Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats which only takes about 15 minutes to cook.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full affiliate disclaimer HERE.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. IF YOU WANT TO REPUBLISH A RECIPE, PLEASE RE-WRITE THE RECIPE IN YOUR OWN WORDS, OR LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST FOR THE RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST.