This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Blackberry Breakfast Bars are healthy and vegan. They have a fresh taste thanks to the homemade blackberry jam recipe and made with only ingredients listed on Dr. Sebi eating guide.
How are these Bars "Alkaline" Friendly?
Fruit bars are typically made with ingredients, not on the Dr. Sebi nutritional guide. However, some simple swaps make these bars "Alkaline" friendly and delicious!
- Instead of Oats use Quinoa Flakes. Quinoa Flakes has a very "flaky" and "grainy" like texture.
- Instead of Almond Flour use Spelt Flour.
- Instead of regular bananas use baby bananas or burro bananas.
- Instead of store-bought jam, use the Alkaline Blackberry Jam Recipe.
How to Make Blackberry Breakfast Bars
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
Assemble Your Bars
- Combine all of your wet ingredients and mix well. Add in your dry ingredients into the wet and mix together fully forming a dough (Photo 1 & 2)
- Add ⅔ of your dough mixture pressing down into the pan. Add your Alkaline Blackberry Jam on top spreading evenly. (Photo 3 & 4 )
- Then top it off with remaining dough mixture and bake your bars. (Photo 5 & 6)
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- These bars work with any type of fruit jam. If you're not on a Dr. Sebi Diet, try these bars with my Crockpot Apple Butter recipe or Strawberry Chia Seed Jam!
- You can add unsweetened coconut flakes to your mixture to give extra flavor! (Coconut is a recommend ingredient).
- Bars taste best the day after baking, so be sure to make these at the beginning of the week to enjoy for breakfast!
- Storage. They will store in the fridge for 3-4 days, or you can freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, place in a 350°F degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Gain?
If you are trying to maintain weight eating a Dr. Sebi diet, add these bars to your meal plan! Both quinoa flakes and spelt flour are slow-burning complex carbohydrates so they are the perfect type of carbs to eat for vegan gains.
These bars also have 6 grams of protein per serving so meal prep these bars and have them as a post-workout snack or quick breakfast.
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Loss?
To make this more weight loss (waste/weight release friendly) you could:
- Cut them into 12 bars for smaller portions.
- Omit the agave nectar in the dough.
More "Alkaline" Vegan Recipes
- Sea Moss Gel Recipe
- "Alkaline" Blackberry Jam
- Creamy Kamut "Alkaline" Pasta
- Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
- Vegan Bone Broth
Other Breakfast Bar Recipes (Not "Alkaline")
"Alkaline" Blackberry Breakfast Bars
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grab a large mixing bowl and smash your baby bananas.
- Then add your grapeseed oil and agave nectar to the smash bananas and mix well until fully combined.
- Take ⅔ mixture and press evenly into a 9 x 9-inch square line parchment pan. Next, add your Alkaline Blackberry Jam on top and spread evenly. Top it off with the remaining of your dough mixture crumbling evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered. Once it's done, remove from heat and allow bars to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- These bars will last in the refrigerator for about 5 to 6 days and in the freezer for about 3 months.
At the time of this post, all items used in these blackberry bars recipe were on Dr. Sebi's nutritional guide.
- JAM: These bars work with any type of fruit jam. If you're not on a Dr. Sebi Diet, try these bars with my Crockpot Apple Butter recipe or Strawberry Chia Seed Jam! If you are using store bought blackberry jam, use less (like ½ cup) as store-bought jam is much sweeter.
- ADDITIONS AND SUBSITUTIONS: You can add unsweetened coconut flakes to your mixture to give extra flavor! (Coconut is a recommend ingredient). Instant oats can replace quinoa flakes if you are not on a strict Sebian Diet.
This is NOT an “alkaline vegan” website. If you follow a strict Dr. Sebi vegan diet, only view recipes indicated " Dr. Sebi Recommended."
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.