This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Coconut Strawberry Oatmeal Bars made with fresh strawberry jam, old fashioned oats, and shredded coconut. Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even a dessert.
The strawberry syrup topping in these strawberry bars was inspired by my cheesecake parfait and the idea to incorporate them into oatmeal bars came from my peanut butter bars. Even better, these bars are healthy and sugar free using the natural sweetness of banana, coconut, and alternative sweeteners like monkfruit and erythritol.
Vegan Curve Building Oats
Oats are what I call curvy carbohydrates. I will confess. I sometimes have a hard time coming up with breakfast recipes outside of oats because it is pretty much all I eat for breakfast (that and my daily smoothies). But oats are so hearty, nutritious and inexpensive. One cup of old fashioned oats has 150 calories, 5 grams of protein, and 27 grams of curvy carbs.
The first step in making these strawberry oatmeal bars is to make the strawberry sauce topping. Add strawberries (Fresh or frozen), sugar, water and flaxseed to a pot and heat to simmer until sauce thickens into a slight jelly like consistency.
The PERFECT strawberry syrup!
Next put together your oatmeal in a food processor to slightly grind up. Then add grind up oats, the rest of your dry ingredients and wet ingredients and mix well. Take your oatmeal ingredients, reserving some for the the topping and spread evenly in a square pan. Press down to create your base. Then spread the strawberry syrup over oatmeal base and top with the remainder of oatmeal mixture.
I know you will enjoy these bars as much as me and my mom did! Feel free to switch the type of fruit your use; blueberries, raspberries, mixed berries or even peaches or pears! Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? What is your favorite oatmeal fruit bars? Have you ever tried to make homemade oatmeal fruit bars yourself ? Tell me about it. Leave a comment below, rate it, and PIN IT! Also tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Coconut Strawberry Oatmeal Bars made with fresh strawberry jam, old fashioned oats, and shredded coconut. Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even a dessert. #vegan #veganrecipes #veganfoodshare ” quote=”Coconut Strawberry Oatmeal Bars made with fresh strawberry jam, old fashioned oats, and shredded coconut. Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even a dessert. “]
Coconut Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced in halves
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2-4 tablespoons organic can sugar or Erythritol sugar alternative *see note below
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon himilayan pink sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- 2 medium riped bananas, smashed
- Add chopped strawberries and sugar to a medium size pot over medium heat. Allow strawberries to cook until liquid is released from the fruit. Stir occasionally as strawberries become liquefied and thicken up for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once strawberries are completely broken down, add chia seeds and stir continuously for 5 minutes. Mixture will thicken up into a gelatinous texture.
- Remove from heat and set aside. The longer it sets the more it thickens up.
- Grab a small bowl and mix together ground flaxseed and water. Stir until it becomes a gel like substance. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grab your oats and grind in a food processor then add to a large bowl. Take your dry ingredients (salt, sugar, coconut flakes, and baking powder) and mix in with your oats
- Next add your wet ingredients (melted vegan butter, smashed banana and flax egg) to bowl and stir completely until everything is combined.
- Grab a small square 9 x 9 inch pan and line with parchment paper (for easier clean up) Take about 3/4 of your mixture and press down into pan firmly. Then grab your strawberry topping and add on top of oatmeal mixture spreading evenly. Then add the remaining oatmeal mixture on top crumbling evenly on top of strawberry topping.
- Put in oven and bake for about 15 minutes until top is golden brown. Once it's done, remove from heat and allow bars to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Will last in refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. WHEN SHARING A RECIPE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST. READ FULL COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE.