This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cool yourself off this Summer with this Electric Vegan Strawberry Banana NICE Cream! Made with burro bananas and sea moss gel, it’s a high mineral sweet treat!
What is “Nice” Cream?
It’s just a phrase we use in the vegan community to describe ice cream that doesn’t use cruel dairy products.
Important Note about Using Burro Bananas
When using burro bananas for this recipe, be sure to use them very ripe. Once you peel them, they will be super soft. That’s OK. Be sure to and scrap off the “phloem bundles“ (aka the white “string-like part of the banana before the yellow flesh is exposed). Those create a weird texture when frozen and it’s not pleasant.
Sea Moss Gel Ice Cream?
It might sound weird to add seaweed to your desserts but because sea moss gel has no taste, it’s so easy to sneak it in! You can make this vegan ice cream without the gel but I mean why would when it adds so many minerals!
To gain a more in-depth understanding of this seaweed, read my Different Types of Sea Moss article.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Nice Cream?
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
- Add all your ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Eat as is soft serve or add to a container and freeze until more solid for 2 to 4 hours before you serve. (Photos 3 & 4)
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- You can also use baby bananas are if you are not on an Alkaline vegan diet just use regular bananas.
- The sea moss gel can be omitted if you don’t have any. It adds additional minerals to the ice cream making it a fun way to consume sea moss, but it’s still healthy and tasty without it. Check out How to Make Sea Moss Gel for more information.
- If you don’t eat strictly from Dr. Sebi Nutritional Guide, use whatever sweetener you have. Dates would be delicious with this and even healthier!
- You will want to use frozen fruit for this as it makes the best ice cream texture since you are not churning it. You will need to cut the bananas and freeze them first before making this.
- This ice cream will last in the freezer for up to 10 – 14 days (though it might be gone sooner!😉)
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Gain?
Bananas are a “curvy carbohydrate” and I often use it in my smoothie post strength training. Burro bananas, in particular, are extremely high in potassium so this helps with muscle cramps!
If you want, add some whole hemp seeds to it which will give you additional calories and protein. You could eat this instead of drinking a post-workout smoothie!
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Loss?
You can make this recipe apart of your vegan weight loss plan by:
- Use fewer bananas and more strawberries as strawberries are lower in calories.
- Use less agave nectar or if you aren’t on a strict “Alkaline” diet, use monkfruit sugar.
More “Alkaline Vegan” Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Kamut “Alkaline” Pasta
- “Alkaline” Blackberry Bars
- “Alkaline” Blackberry Jam
- Vegan Bone Broth
- Sea Moss Milk
Other Vegan Ice or “Nice” Cream Recipes
Additional Sea Moss Information
Strawberry Banana Nice Cream (with Sea Moss!)
- Chop your bananas and add to a large Ziploc bag. Freeze for about 4 hours (or overnight).
- Once frozen add to an 8 cup food processor, along with frozen strawberries, sea moss gel, agave nectar, hemp milk, and key lime juice.
- Blend until smooth. Your mixture should be thick and "churn like" mimicking a soft server ice cream. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
- Grab a glass container, and add your ice cream smoothing it out evenly.
- You can either serve this as-is for soft-serve ice cream or cover it freeze for a minimum of for 2 to 4 hours.
- Once it's firmed up, slightly thaw for 2 to 5 minutes before serving (the fruit will crystalize so it's important to let it thaw before serving).
- Keep ice cream stored in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- BURRO BANANAS: You can also use baby bananas are if you are not on an Alkaline Vegan Diet just use regular bananas. Be sure to and scrap off the “phloem bundles” (aka the white “string-like part of the banana before the yellow flesh is exposed). Those create a weird texture when frozen and it’s not pleasant.
- SEA MOSS GEL: The sea moss gel can be omitted if you don’t have any. If you want to learn how to make it, check out How to Make Sea Moss Gel for more information.
- HEMP MILK: Any “approved” milk will work for this. If you just eat a regular vegan diet, use your choice of any dairy-free milk; homemade or bought.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.