This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Mango and salsa might sound weird but it's the perfect combination. This Avocado Vegan Mango Salsa is fresh, raw, healthy, easy to make, and ready in under 15 minutes!
What do you eat mango salsa with?
- With tortilla chips. Makes a great healthy dip to serve as a snack or appetizer.
- On top of vegan tacos. Especially vegan "mock fish" tacos!
- Over a salad. Keep this dish totally raw and spice up your raw leafy green salads!
- With vegan BBQ! Pair this with my some barbeque jackfruit sandwiches, my BBQ Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, or my BBQ Lentil Meatballs. Check out these Vegan BBQ Recipes for more ideas!
How to Make Vegan Mango Salsa?
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
- Prep and chop all your fresh ingredients and add them to a mixing bowl. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Mix until fully combined and serve immediately with tortilla chips. (Photos 3 & 4)
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- Frozen mangos might work for this recipe but I'm not sure as I never use frozen mango for this salsa recipe. If you rather use frozen fruit, thaw it out first, and try it out!
- Save yourself some trouble and check out this How to Cut a Mango guide.
- This mango salsa is a versatile recipe. If you don't like avocado simply omit it.
- Salsa will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator. It DOES NOT freeze well.
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Gain?
This salsa was made for curvy vegan gals like us because of the creamy avocado! The avocado adds some healthy fats making it a calorie-dense food. One medium avocado has 300 calories and 29 grams of healthy fat!
This recipe has approximately 265 calories per serving. It's excellent to eat as a regular part of your vegan diet because it's also raw and healthy!
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Loss?
You can make this recipe apart of your vegan weight loss plan by:
- Omit the avocado which makes the recipe less dense. It will still taste good without the avocado!
- Keep the avocado and just lower your portions per serving.
- Serve on top of a large salad instead of with tortilla chips
More Salsa Recipes You’ll Love
Other Mango Recipes
Raw Avocado Vegan Mango Salsa
- 3 fresh mangos note 1
- 1 large avocado
- ¼ large red (purple) onion
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh jalapeno, chopped note 2
- half a bunch of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Udo's Oil optional
- First, you want to prep all your ingredients. Rinse your mangos and cut the flesh out of the mango. If you need to know how to properly cut a mango check out this guide here.
- Peel and chop your avocado. Rinse your onion, jalapeno, and cilantro and chop accordingly.
- Add your chopped mangos, avocados, red (purple) onion, red pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, Udo's Oil (opt.) to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips, on a salad, or with some vegan fish tacos! Salsa will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. It does not freeze well.
- MANGO: If you want to use frozen mangos for this be sure to thaw it out first and use a fully 16-ounce bag. I have not personally tried this with frozen mangos so I'm only estimating you the quantity amounts.
- JALAPENO: You can add more or less jalapeno depending on how much heat you like. You can even add a habanero pepper if you really like heat!
- ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS: This mango salsa is a versatile recipe. If you don't like avocado simply omit it. If you rather use parsley instead of cilantro or tomatoes instead of red pepper or add them in as additions, go right ahead!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.