This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Taco Tuesday just isn’t complete without some salsa! This Easy Healthy Vegan Salsa contains high mineral sea moss gel, taking less than 15 minutes to make!
Can You Taste the Sea Moss Gel in the Salsa?
Not at all! Yes, sea moss is seaweed but once soaked and prepared into a gel, it is virtually tasteless! It’s a sneaky way to get something healthy in what is otherwise viewed as a party snack! You can learn how to make your own sea moss gel checking out my Sea Moss Gel Recipe Guide.
To gain a more in-depth understanding of this seaweed, read my Different Types of Sea Moss article.
What do you Eat Vegan Salsa?
- With tortilla chips. Makes a great healthy dip to serve as a snack or appetizer. You can even serve with raw veggies!
- On top of vegan tacos. Especially vegan lentil tacos!
- With black beans. Goes great with my Quinoa Black Bean Bowl!
How to Make Vegan Mango Salsa?
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
- Start by making your “onion paste” by adding your onions, garlic, and seasonings on cutting board. Press all those ingredients together to form a paste. Next add your onion, paste, tomatoes, sea moss and all other ingredients to your food processor. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Process until smooth and serve in a bowl with tortilla chips. (Photos 3 & 4)
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- The “onion paste” in this recipe helps the salsa “lock-in” or enhance the flavor of the salsa. You could skip this step and just add the ingredients all in a food processor, but I highly recommend taking the time to make the paste! You won’t regret it!
- Both canned and fresh tomatoes will work for this salsa.
- If you don’t have sea moss gel you can still make this recipe without it. It’s just an easy and “sneaky” way to add more minerals to a fun snack without it disrupting the taste! To learn how to make sea moss or to purchase your own sea moss gel, check out “How to Make Sea Moss Gel.“
- Salsa will last up to 5-7 days in the refrigerator. It DOES NOT freeze well.
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Gain?
This recipe is a condiment and not necessarily meant for weight gain. To bulk it up will depend on what you serve it with. I like it with tortilla chips or with vegan lentil tacos!
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Loss?
You can make this recipe apart of your vegan weight loss plan by:
- Serving it with veggie sticks
- Serving it with tortillas just don’t eat the entire bag lol. The recipe is naturally low in calories so it won’t but excess weight on you.
More Salsa Recipes You’ll Love
Additional Sea Moss Information
Healthy Vegan Salsa (with Sea Moss Gel!)
- ¼ medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno,
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes (or 2 cups of fresh tomatoes chopped)
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon Sea Moss Gel note 1
- small piece of habanero pepper (optional) note 2
- First, we are going to make our “onion paste.” This helps the salsa lock-in maximum flavor. Rinse and chop your onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to a large bowl or cutting board. Then add your garlic paste, and sprinkle sea salt and cumin on top of all your ingredients.
- With a sturdy fork or potato masher, mash your ingredients down as much as you can until it forms somewhat of a thick paste (refer to pictures and video in this blog post).
- Then grab your food processor and add in your tomatoes (if using fresh tomatoes be sure to rinse and chop them first),"onion paste", lime juice, agave nectar, sea moss gel, and a small piece of habanero pepper (optional).
- Blend in your food processor no longer than 1 minute until all ingredients are completely combined. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, on top of vegan tacos, or with my Quinoa Black Bean Bowl!
- This Vegan Salsa can be made ahead and will keep in the refrigerator for about 5 to 7 days. It DOES NOT freeze well.
- SEA MOSS GEL: If you don’t have sea moss gel you can still make this recipe without it. It’s just an easy and “sneaky” way to add more minerals to a fun snack without it disrupting the taste! To learn how to make sea moss or to purchase your own sea moss gel, check out “How to Make Sea Moss Gel.“
- HABANERO PEPPER: This pepper is VERY HOT and is optional. If you do use it and aren’t use to the heat cut off a very small piece without the seeds until you get used to the amount of heat.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full affiliate disclaimer HERE.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. WHEN SHARING A RECIPE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST. READ FULL COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE.