This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower are crispy, vegan, and make the perfect finger food even meat eaters will love!
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer
For this recipe, I’m using my Ninja Foodi Cooker! It’s an electric pressure cooker, air fryer, slow cooker, oven, stove-top, steamer, and dehydrator all in one!
I use this cooking in appliance often like in my Oyster Mushroom Jackfruit Pot Roast. However any air fryer would work. There are also instructions below in the recipe card for making this in an oven or you can try my Buffalo Baked Cauliflower Bites.
One tip you need to know is when air frying to NEVER use aerosol cooking spray in a can as it can leave residue on the air fryer basket. Instead add some oil in a Misto to protect your appliance.
What to Eat With Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower
- Vegan Ranch. This Easy Vegan Ranch Dressing Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen is an awesome recipe!
- Dairy Free Mac and Cheese
- Cucumber Chickpea Tomato Salad
How to Make Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
Prep Cauliflower and Make Batter
- Cut cauliflower in small pieces. (Photo 1)
- In a mixing bowl add flour, seasonings, and milk to create a wet batter. Mix well. In a separate bowl, mix together breadcrumbs and oil. (Photo 2, 3 & 4)
- Next mix melted butter and buffalo sauce together in a bowl and set aside. (Photo 5 & 6)
Batter Cauliflower and Air Fry
- Batter cauliflower in wet batter and then batter in breadcrumbs. Air fry for 10 minutes. (Photo 1, 2, & 3)
- Once cauliflower is cooked, dip in buffalo sauce and add back to the air fryer to cook for an additional 10 minutes. Once done, serve with your choice of dipping sauces. (Photo 4, 5, & 6)
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- Try this recipe with BBQ Sauce. Or even lemon pepper sauce! This recipe is super versatile.
- Cornflakes can substitute for breadcrumbs.
- To save time, you can use pre-cut cauliflower.
- Reheat buffalo cauliflower in an air fryer to keep them crispy.
- This recipe will keep in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days. It is not freezer friendly.
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Gain?
This recipe has 13 grams of protein due to the spelt flour and protein is crucial for building curves.
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Loss?
You can make this recipe apart of your vegan weight loss plan by:
- serving it with a salad
- not bread it with flour or breadcrumbs
More Vegan Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
Other Cauliflower Recipes
Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 small to medium cauliflower head note 1
- 1 cup white spelt flour note 2
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, aluminum-free
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk note 3
- 2 cups breadcrumbs note 4
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- additional spray oil
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- ½ cup buffalo or hot sauce
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add spelt flour, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, sea salt, black pepper, and coconut milk. Whisk together well. In a separate mixing bowl, add breadcrumbs and oil. Mix together.
- Add cauliflower pieces in in wet batter and evenly coat. Then evenly coat cauliflower in breadcrumbs. Add battered cauliflower to your Ninja Foodi air fryer basket in a single layer spaced out. Do not overcrowd. You want to make sure heat cooks evenly on all sides. Spray oil over cauliflower.
- Cook at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes. While cauliflower is air frying, melt vegan butter in a small pot over low heat. Transfer to a bowl and add buffalo or hot sauce. Mix well.
- Once cauliflower is done cooking, dip each piece into your buffalo sauce and add back to your Ninja Foodi air fryer basket in a single layer spaced out. Again do not overcrowd. Cook for an additional 10 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Repeat this process until all your cauliflower is cooked. I did this entire process twice.
- Once cauliflower is done cooking, transfer to a bowl and serve immediately with dipping sauce of your choice or none at all. Cauliflower will last in the refrigerator for 1-2 additional days. It does not freeze well. Best when reheated in your air fryer to retain crispness.
- CAULIFLOWER. To save time, you can use pre-cut cauliflower.
- SPELT FLOUR. Any gluten based flour will work (regular spelt flour, wheat flour, all purpose white flour, etc). I know for a fact chickpea flour will work but not sure of any other gluten free flour will work.
- COCONUT MILK. Any plant based milk will work for this recipe.
- SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS. Cornflakes can substitute for breadcrumbs. Try this recipe with BBQ Sauce. Or even lemon pepper sauce! This recipe is super versatile.
- HOW TO REHEAT RECOMMENDATIONS. These are just recommendations and you are free to reheat them how you choose. I recommend reheating them in an air fryer to keep them crispy. An oven will work as well.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS.
- Pre heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Follow instructions 1 and 2 as stated above. In a parchment lined baking sheet, add battered cauliflower to your baking sheet in a single layer spaced out. Do not overcrowd. You want to make sure heat cooks evenly on all sides. Spray oil over cauliflower.
- While cauliflower is baking, melt vegan butter in a small pot over low heat. Transfer to a bowl and add buffalo or hot sauce. Mix well.
- Once cauliflower is done cooking, dip each piece into your buffalo sauce and add back to your oven on a baking sheet in a single layer spaced out. Again do not overcrowd. Bake for an additional 10 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Repeat this process until all your cauliflower is cooked.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.