This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Plant-Based Soup is healthy, oil-free, and made in one pot! This makes for an easy, comforting, and fuss-free vegan dinner.
No Oil Healthy Vegan Soup!
Here on Vegan With Curves, I don't shy with using plant-based oils and vegan butter for cooking. But lately, I been experimenting with oil-free cooking and I must say I like it!
I won't go totally oil-free but this plant-based soup will be the first of many no oil recipes to come!
What to Eat to With Plant-Based Soup
How to Make Plant-Based Soup
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
- Add broth to a pan and heat it up over medium heat. Sauté your onions, garlic, and celery in broth until translucent, and then add the remaining of your broth. (Photo 1 & 2)
- Next add the rest of your vegetables, beans, seasonings, and herbs and simmer for 40 minutes before serving. (Photo 3, 4, 5, & 6)
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- Any vegetable or bean will work for this soup. It's a diverse recipe so if you don't like kale, you can use spinach instead.
- This recipe will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. It can be frozen for up to 2 months.
How Does this Recipe Help with Vegan Weight Gain
This recipe is low in calories but high in protein with 5 grams per serving. However to bulk it up, serve with some tortilla chips and avocado slices.
How Does this Recipe Help with Vegan Weight Loss
You can make this recipe apart of your vegan weight loss plan by:
- Eating as is! It's only 80 calories per serving making it a PERFECT weight loss recipe!
More Soup Recipes
One-Pot Healthy Plant-Based Soup
- ¼ cup homemade vegan bone broth (or store-bought broth) note 1
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2-3 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cups homemade vegan bone broth (or store-bought broth)
- 2 canned white beans or 2 cups prepared white beans
- 1 large large zucchini, chopped
- 5-6 tomatoes, chopped
- Kale (as little or as much as you personally desire)
- 1 ½ tablespoons tarragon
- 1 ½ tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons Sea Vegetable Soup Mix (optional) note 2
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of broth, onion, garlic, and celery to a pot and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, add 4 cups of broth, white beans, zucchini, tomatoes, kale, tarragon, basil, oregano, sea salt, and sea vegetable soup mix (optional) to your pot and mix together. Simmer on low for 35 minutes.
- BROTH. This is an oil free recipe which is why it's sauté' in broth. But if you are not oil free, you can use your preferred oil instead.
- SEA VEGETABLE SOUP MIX. This mix I got from Atlantic Holdfast Seaweed Company and it is a mix of wakame, sugar kelp, and kombu. You can skip this or replace with any of these seaweeds individually.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.