This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Find out how simple and easy it is to make Stovetop Candied Pecans! With just 4 ingredients you can have homemade candied pecans for salads, easy vegan snack, or a sweet holiday gift to give to your friends or family!
Have you ever created a recipe you didn’t intend to create? This recipe was made by accident! I needed a nut to go over my Butternut Squash Salad and thought hmmm, candied pecans would be good. So I whipped out the skillet added butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and viola this recipe was born! After taking a bite I knew it couldn’t be just a salad based recipe but deserve to have its own shine.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Find out how simple and easy it is to make stovetop candied pecans! With just 4 ingredients you can have homemade candied pecans for salads, easy vegan snack, or a sweet holiday gift to give to your friends or family! #veganwithcurves #vegan #veganrecipes” quote=”With just 4 ingredients you can have homemade candied pecans for salads, easy vegan snack, or a sweet holiday gift to give to your friends or family! “]
Why this recipe works?
- It’s super easy! I mean I wish every recipe were as simple as this lol Would make all of our lives easier wouldn’t you agree?
- It was a spontaneous recipe! The best things in life aren’t planned. Just going with the flow here!
- It has a fall holiday feel to it. Because it is so easy and simple to make you can give these away as a custom holiday treat! Your loved ones will be impressed with the customized tasty gift.
- It’s a sweet treat you can top over salads! These stovetop candied pecans will make any Fall salad pop and burst with addicting flavors. It is that freaky good!
Here’s how to make them: (READ FULL RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS)
Melt your vegan butter over medium-high heat adding your pecans, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir until fully coated and remove from heat. Place in a bowl and add more brown sugar on top to coat pecans and allow to cool. That’s it! You have tasty stovetop candied pecans!
Vegan With Curves Star Ingredient
Raw Pecans is the Vegan With Curves star of this dish! Pecans are a calorie dense food. Calorie dense foods are high in plant-based healthy fats. They are small in portion but high in calories making it easy to bulk your calories in otherwise typical lighter dishes. Raw pecans have 20 grams of healthy fat per serving.
Head over to check out the Butternut Squash Salad to see how magical these candied pecans can be when added to a dish! Enjoy!
Appliances and main ingredient(s) used in this recipe:
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE: Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, RATE IT, and PIN IT! Also, tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
4 Ingredient Stovetop Candied Pecans (Soy Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free)
- Melt vegan butter on medium-high heat on a 9.5-inch skillet.
- Stir until caramelized making sure not to burn. Stir consistently for about 3 mins.
- Take freshly hot candied pecans and place in a small dish of the reminder of 2 tablespoons brown sugar and toss to coat evenly. Then spread on wax or parchment paper to cool.
- Serve as a snack or over a Fall salad.
Tips and Variations
- You can use maple syrup if you desire instead of brown sugar. I would still recommend using brown sugar to coat the outside.
- I have not tried this with a sugar alternative but feel free to experiment!
- This recipe would work great with walnuts!
Equipment used for photos:
For more tips on improving your food photography check out the Food Photography Tools Page.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. IF YOU WANT TO REPUBLISH A RECIPE, PLEASE RE-WRITE THE RECIPE IN YOUR OWN WORDS, OR LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST FOR THE RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST.