This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan nog? Is that even possible? Yes it is! I am more of an “eggnog” drinker now than I was before I went vegan. The flavor, smell, and thickness of this drink I enjoy so much around this time of year. Adding Karuna’s Cafe’ Turmerific Drink to this holiday nog gives this drink a boost.
It’s the holiday season and being busy is something I am sure everyone can relate to. With the madness going on, Karuna’s Cafe’ Turmerific Drink gives me the energy I need. Unlike sugared filled energy drinks, I feel a calm stable alertness all day when I drink this; no crashes. Karuna’s Cafe’ Turmerific Drink is made with Fair Trade Organic Coffee Beans and as always they add no sugar to their products so you are truly getting a natural healthy holistic drink. Plus it has the added benefit of turmeric. Turmeric is such a healing spice I sneak this in my dishes every chance I get. Turmeric is known for helping with joint issues as well as inflammation. Other nutritional properties of this drink includes:
- Black Soybeans: Rich in protein, complex carbohydrates and low in fat. Because of it’s black color, it’s an indicator that it contains a high amount of antioxidants
- Chinese Dates: High in minerals and vitamins, Chinese dates are also a great source of fiber so they aid in having a healthy digestive system.
The steps are simple. Just combine all your ingredients in a high speed blender and blend it till smooth. Make it the night before so the flavors can combined.
Curve building cashews are a must for this recipe. It gives it a thicker and creamer texture. Cashews have about 4 grams of protein per serving but it’s real curve building magic lies in it’s healthy fat content. It is what I like to call a “fat full” (instead of fat free) food. A calorie dense food with about 170 calories per 1/4 of a cup.
Related: View The Best Nuts to Have in Your Curvy Vegan Pantry
Now traditional eggnog usually has Rum in it. I personally choose to have a virgin style vegan nog but if you desire it feel free to add it to this recipe. This vegan nog is also good warm. Because it has caffeine in it I recommend starting your day with this delicious drink.
You don’t have to miss out on your favorite drinks just because you have chosen to adapt a vegan lifestyle. Let this drink give you a boost this holiday season. Enjoy!
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE: Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? What your favorite Christmas treat (outside the presents of course)? Have you ever had vegan nog before? Tell me about it! Leave a comment below, rate it, pin it, and tag a photo #VeganWithCurves and #MyKaruna on Instagram so we can see it!
Appliances used in this recipe:
For more of my recommended cooking tools, visit the resource page at CURVY VEGAN KITCHEN.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT!
COFFEE TURMERIC VEGAN "EGG" NOG
- 1 bottle of Karuna's Cafe' Turmerific Drink
- 1/4 cup of soaked raw cashews
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 can of coconut cream 5.4 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 to 2 packets of stevia start with one full packet of stevia and if isn't sweet enough to your liking add a second packet
- Soak the cashews for 2 to 4 hours. If you are short on time you can always boil cashews for 5 minutes to soften.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or chilled in fridge for a couple hours
- I prefer to this drink warm. If you are like me heat over stove for a couple of minutes.
- Happy Holidays and enjoy!
Fat 23 g
Carbohydrates 28 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugar 19 g
Protein 4 g