This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This post has been compensated by Karuna Beverages, a long term partner of Vegan With Curves. All opinions are mine alone.
Yes, vegans can enjoy chocolate ice cream! For this Avocado Chocolate Ice Cream , you only need 6 ingredients to enjoy this creamy, sweet, and healthy dairy free dessert!
What Does Avocado Ice Cream Taste Like?
You might be surprised to know that using avocados as a base for ice cream, gives you a very realistic cream texture to traditional ice cream. This is due to the high fat content and creamiest of avocados.
Is Avocado Ice Cream Healthy?
Absolutely! The benefits of this ice cream include the following:
- Avo Keto Whole Plant Smoothie: This is one of Karuna's newest drinks! It is low in sugar, high in good healthy fats (more avocado goodness), and even a good source of fiber and plant based protein!
- Avocados: Not only do avocados provide a creamy texture, they are high in potassium, can lower cholesterol, and a great source of Vitamin E, K, and C. Read 12 Proven Health Benefits of Avocado for more information.
- Dairy Free Ice Cream: Dairy is NOT a food group fitted for human consumption. Whether you are vegan or not, when you eliminate dairy from your diet, your health improves.
Vegan Toppings to Serve with Your Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Sauce
- Fresh Cherries or Strawberries
- Date Caramel Sauce
How to Make Avocado Chocolate Ice Cream?
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
- Add all your ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Add to a freezer friendly container and freeze for at least 4 hours until solid. Serve as is or with your chosen toppings. (Photos 3 & 4)
Substitution, Cook, and Storage Tips:
- Try this recipe with Karuna's Empower Whole Plant Smoothie or Pro Fit Whole Plant Smoothie!
- I used my food processor to blend because it's easier to scoop out, but a blender will work as well.
- There is arrowroot flour in this recipe. Arrowroot flour helps minimize crystallization of the ice cream however it is optional. The fat content in the avocados should be enough to lessen crystallization.
How Does this Recipe Help with Vegan Weight Gain?
Avocados are a STAPLE in any curvy vegan diet! It's the ultimate vegan calorie dense food. One medium avocado has approximately 230 calories!
This particular recipe, being that it's a much healthier based dessert, is a great alternative to eat regularly if you have a sweet tooth (you can control the amount of sugar).
How Does this Recipe Help with Vegan Weight Loss?
To make this more weight loss (waste/weight release friendly) you could:
- Serve smaller portions per serving and eat sparingly.
- Top with your fresh fruit instead of additional sweet syrups or ice cream sauce toppings.
- Use an alternative sweetener like powdered monkfruit sugar.
More Ice Cream Recipes You'll Love:
Avocado Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 bottle Avo Keto Whole Plant Smoothie note 1
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup agave nectar note 2
- 3 tablespoon agave nectar, additional
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe avocados (peeled, pitted)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot flour (optional) note 3
- Add Avo Keto Whole Plant Smoothie, cocoa powder, agave nectar, vanilla extract, avocados, and arrowroot flour to a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
- Grab a glass container, and add your ice cream smoothing it out evenly. Cover and freeze it for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Once it's firmed up, slightly thaw for 2 to 5 minutes before serving. Serve as is or with your favorite vegan toppings! Keep ice cream stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- KARUNA: The Avo Keto Smoothie pairs very well with this ice cream because it is made with avocado. You could also try this recipe with Karuna's Empower Whole Plant Smoothie or Pro Fit Whole Plant Smoothie! If you can't access Karuna's beverages (they are available on Amazon), use 12 ounces of any plant based milk of choice.
- AGAVE NECTAR: Use any liquid sweetener of choice.
- ARROWROOT FLOUR: Arrowroot flour helps minimize crystallization of the ice cream however it is optional. The fat content in the avocados should be enough to lessen crystallization.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.