This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This post has been sponsored by my long-term partners over at Karuna Beverages. Karuna Beverages has been a consistent supporter of Vegan With Curves and I absolutely adore their products. All opinions are mine alone. #mykaruna
Can you guess what secret ingredient is in this Vegan Chocolate Pudding? Yummy, creamy, and healthy avocado! You won’t miss the dairy in this one I promise. It’s perfect for a fun Halloween treat or simple dessert!
As I mentioned in my Strawberry Juice Recipe, Halloween for me is not a time to load up on unnecessarily refined white sugar (yuck). Halloween can be healthy, fun, and yet still sweet!
[click_to_tweet tweet="Can you guess what secret ingredient is in this Vegan Chocolate Pudding? Yummy, creamy, and healthy avocado! #veganwithcurves #veganrecipes #veganfoodshare #halloween #veganhalloween #vegancommunity #govegan" quote="Can you guess what secret ingredient is in this Vegan Chocolate Pudding? Yummy, creamy, and healthy avocado! "]
To help bring this idea to life, I partnered with Karuna Beverages using their
Divine Chestnut Drink. (UPDATE: Karuna Beverages now has updated their drinks! The Pro Fit Prebiotic Smoothie is the drink to now use for this recipe!) I also used a creamy avocado as the based of the pudding and coconut nectar for a natural liquid sweetener.
Karuna's Pro Fit Protein and Fiber
Karuna’s new Pro Fit Protein and Fiber is part of the Superfood Whole Plant Smoothie line of drinks. These line of drinks contain prebiotics and a lot of plant-based protein (9 grams of protein per bottle!).
Karuna’s new Pro Fit Protein and Fiber is something I regularly drink most mornings. Now that it's getting cooler, I like to warm it up adding a dash of cinnamon drinking like hot cocoa. The aroma and taste of this drink is so comforting and the chestnuts pack the necessity plant-based protein, I need to fuel my evening leg workouts. Other health benefits of chestnuts include:
- Chestnuts are high in fiber. Fiber is important to any diet because fiber helps stabilize blood sugar and they feed your friendly bacteria in your gut or better known as probiotics.
- Chestnut contains copper. One of the many minerals that not talked about the need for the human body and somewhat lacking in the modern world. Having the right amount of copper in your body assist with having strong bones. Chestnuts contain 22% of the recommended daily value of copper needed in our diet.
Source: What Are the Benefits of Roasted Chestnuts?
VEGAN CURVE BUILDING INGREDIENT
Avocado is the Vegan With Curves star of this dish! I have grown to have a quite an addiction over avocados. I eat at least two avocados a day. Avocados alone won't make you gain or lose weight. No one food alone would make you gain or lose weight, but for as curve building vegans, adding it to our already calorie dense diet can have great benefits in filling out our shape. Avocados have a lot of calories and nutrition yet small in portion.
A healthy Halloween doesn't have to mean a boring Halloween. You can still have fun, be playful, and have sweets without spiking your blood sugar. Enjoy!
Thank you Karuna Beverages for allowing me to bring this recipe to life!
IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE: Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, RATE IT, and PIN IT! Also, tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
Vegan Chocolate Pudding (Soy Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- ¼ cup of Pro Fit Protein and Fiber
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon of carob powder
- ¼ cup of raw coconut nectar or any other natural sweetener like maple syrup or two packets of stevia if you like to taste
- 1 teaspoon of alcohol free vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into your blender.
- Blend until smooth. Should be completely combined and smoove but still thick like a pudding. If too thick, add more of Karuna Chestnut drink. Adjust sweetness and taste to your liking.
- Place pudding in a bowl and chill for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Grab pudding cups and get creative! You can add crushed gluten free Oreo cookies if you like or you can eat it just as it is. Enjoy!
- Cocoa powder can be kind of bitter which is why I like having carob powder. It has a natural sweetness that cocoa powder doesn't have but if you don't have carob powder on hand just use a ¼ cup of cocoa powder.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. IF YOU WANT TO REPUBLISH A RECIPE, PLEASE RE-WRITE THE RECIPE IN YOUR OWN WORDS, OR LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST FOR THE RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST.
Leave a Reply