This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
What is better than desert for breakfast? These coffee brownies are sweet way to jump start and energized our mornings!
My mom is a HUGE coffee drinker. I so did not not get that trait from her lol However being the health junkie that I am I have always been concern with the amount of sugar and caffeine that that a cup of coffee can have.
My mother is in a nursing home is paralyzed from the waist down with multiple scleroses. Every time I visit her I bring her healthier alternatives to the things she likes. I don't like that my mom drinks coffee but being the Capricorn that she is and the fact that she is still my mom it is not like I can tell her much what to do. So I let my mom sample Karuna's Turmeric Coffee and she loved it! This is what inspired this recipe.
Karuna's Turmeric Coffee Sustained Energy drink contains turmeric. Turmeric is a healing power tool! I helps with inflammation and joint pain which is something my mother deals with a lot. Unlike traditional coffee brownies you are also getting the health and healing benefits of this wonderful drink.
Vegan Curve Building Ingredients
I used spelt flour as the base of this recipe. Spelt flour is an ancient grain and is more digestible than traditional wheat. Spelt flour is carb friendly and even has 4 grams of plant based protein per serving.
To make your coffee brownies all you do is combined your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients and you are done! Be sure not to over mix tho!
I am sure you and your mom will love these coffee brownies as much as me and my mom did! Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? Do you eat brownies for breakfast? Have you ever had coffee brownies before? Tell me about it. Leave a comment below, rate it, and PIN IT! Also tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5-7 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- ¾ cup Karuna's Turmeric Coffee Drink
- ½ cup unsweetened chocolate chips (vegan) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder,sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Next add our in Karuna's Turmeric Coffee Drink and melted butter to dry mixture and stir. DO NOT OVER MIX! If you have them, fold in unsweetened vegan chocolate chips and then spread evenly in a 9x9inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. WHEN SHARING A RECIPE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE LINK BACK HERE TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST. READ FULL COPYRIGHT DISCLOSURE.