This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItMazola #simpleswap #CollectiveBias
Did you know that sheet pan dinners can easily be made vegan? Sheet pan dinners are lifesavers when you need something healthy to eat but short on time. This Tofu Lemon Garlic Sheet Pan Dinner is quick, nutritious, vegan and delicious! Plus it makes for an easy meal prep recipe. Here I use extra firm tofu, seasoned with garlic powder, lemon juice, and Mazola® Corn Oil! I have was highly impressed using this product in my recipe! A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
I won’t lie I have had “sheet pan” jealously lately because it seems as if all the sheet pan dinners you find contain some type of animal product. But I can now say I am jealous no more with this delicious recipe! I partnered with Mazola Corn Oil in making this recipe and so happy I did! Now here at Vegan With Curves you know I am an oil user in my cooking and what I love about Mazola Corn Oil is the following:
- Variety of Uses. Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose cooking oil you can use for baking (can’t wait to try this in my sweet baked goods) grilling, sautéing, stir-frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing (like in this recipe).
- It Tastes Great! Mazola Corn Oil has a neutral taste that lets the natural flavor of your food stand out. This really impressed me with this recipe as the integrity of the lemon garlic marinade was not covered up by the use of this corn oil which often happens when I use olive oil.
- It has a high smoke point. Mazola Corn Oil has a smoke point higher than most cooking oils at 450°F. All cooking oils have a smoke point that, once exceeded, not only negatively affect the food’s flavor and nutritional value. I baked this sheet pan dinner at about 400°F and it performed extremely well making my tofu nice and crispy and my asparagus very flavorful.
Why this recipe works?
- Tofu instead of Chicken! Most sheet pan dinners use animal products particular chicken but this sheet pan dinner is plant-based and cruelty free!
- Mazola Corn Oil instead of Vegan Butter. Though I do use vegan butter, Mazola Corn Oil gave my tofu such a nice crispy texture and did a WONDERFUL job of preserving the flavor of this dish.
- Brown Rice instead of White Potatoes. Traditionally sheet pan meals are paired with white potatoes. In this recipe we use brown rice! Brown rice is a healthier option because it’s not as starchy and brown rice is a complex slow burning carbohydrate. So you will stay full longer!
Here’s how to make them: (READ FULL RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS)
First, you want to make your marinade by mixing your oil and seasonings together to use over both your tofu and vegetable of choice (I use asparagus).
Next, over a parchment paper, pop your tofu in first and then add your asparagus in a pre heated oven until crisped and done.
Vegan With Curves Star Ingredient
Tofu is the Vegan With Curves star of this dish! I adore tofu (#teamtofu!) because of its yummy meaty texture and its high content of plant-based protein. Plus tofu has the ability to adapt ANY flavor profile you give it whether sweet or savory. Tofu can have up to 20 grams of plant based protein per serving.
You can serve this as is for a low carbohydrate dinner or if you are anything like me you will serve this with some quick cook brown rice to really have a quick, filling, nutritious meal! Enjoy! Thank you Mazola Corn Oil for allow me to bring this recipe to life! IF YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE: Tell me how it turned out for you! Was it a hit or miss? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, RATE IT, and PIN IT! Also, tag a photo @_VeganWithCurves and hashtag #VeganWithCurves on Instagram so I can see it!
Tofu Lemon Garlic Sheet Pan Dinner (Vegan, 30 Minute, Gluten Free)
- 16 oz of pressed tofu
- 1/4 cup of Mazola Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt
1/2 cup of quick cook brown rice (optional)
Take your pressed tofu out of the package and cut into cube-like shapes. Put in a large bowl and set aside. Grab a small bowl and add your Mazola Corn Oil, lemon juice, and seasonings and whisk until fully combined. Then pour over tofu and allow to marinade for about 10 minutes.
Next, you are going to preheat oven to 400 F. (OPTIONAL) While tofu is marinating and the oven is preheating you can start cooking your rice (if using according to the directions). Quick cook brown rice takes about 10 to 12 minutes to prepare. To save even more time you can buy pre cook brown rice.
Once tofu is marinated, grab your sheet pan and line with parchment paper. Add your tofu and remaining of the marinade and pop in the oven for about 7 minutes. While tofu is baking prepare your asparagus and asparagus marinade.
After about 7 minutes add asparagus to sheet pan next to tofu and pour the marinade over asparagus coating fully and add back into the oven for 5-7 more minutes until vegetables are crisp and roasted.
Once done take out oven and allow to cool. Serve immediately.
- Feel free to use whatever vegetable you desire.
© VEGAN WITH CURVES. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE, ALL IMAGES, RECIPES, & CONTENT ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED AND REGISTERED WITH THE U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE. MY IMAGES AND WRITTEN CONTENT ARE NOT TO BE USED WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION. IF YOU WANT TO REPUBLISH A RECIPE, PLEASE RE-WRITE THE RECIPE IN YOUR OWN WORDS, OR LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST FOR THE RECIPE. WHEN SHARING CONTENT FROM AN ARTICLE PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST.