This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This vegan white bean soup is creamy, hearty, comforting, and an easy one pot dinner ready in under 30 minutes!
How to Get the Soup Creamy without Dairy?
Coconut milk to the rescue! Coconut milk along with chickpea flour gives this soup a hearty creamy texture. Just make sure you used the unsweetened canned coconut milk made for cooking. DO NOT use the coconut milk found in the refrigerator section as that will make your soup too sweet.
What to Eat With Vegan White Bean Soup
Substitution, Cook, and Storage Tips:
- You can use regular all purpose flour instead of chickpea flour. Just make sure you cut the amount if using all purpose flour as that has gluten and will make your soup too thick.
- I used White Navy Beans for this recipe but Great Northern Beans will work as well.
- Store this soup in the refrigerator for for up to 4 days. It can be be frozen for up to 2 months.
More One Pot Recipes
- One Pot Vegan Cream of Mushroom Recipe
- One Pot Sweet Potato Chickpea Curry
- One Pot Healthy Plant Based Soup
One Pot Vegan White Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon chickpea flour note 1
- 4 cups water, additional note 2
- 1 ½ not chicken bouillon note 2
- 3 15 ounce cans navy white beans, drained (or Great Northern Beans)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup canned coconut milk note 3
- 1 cup chopped kale
- fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ squeezed lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place pot over medium heat and add your oil along with chopped onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Sauté until veggies soften. Next add in salt and pepper and stir for a about 1 minute.
- Add in ½ cup of water and stir in with veggies. Next, sprinkle veggies with chickpea flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add 4 cups of water a little at a time while whisking. This helps prevent the flour from forming clumps.
- Then you will add your Not Chicken Bouillon Broth Cube, drained white beans, and bay leaf to the pot. Stir and then bring your heat down to low. Place pot lid on top and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes has elapsed remove the bay leaf and add in your coconut milk, chopped kale, fresh herbs, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir for about 2-3 minutes just enough for the kale to wilt down.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with some vegan garlic bread! Enjoy!
- CHICKPEA FLOUR: You can use regular all purpose flour instead of chickpea flour. Just make sure you cut the amount to 1/2 cup if using all purpose flour as that has gluten and will make your soup too thick.
- WATER AND BROTH: If you don’t want to use the Not Chicken Bouillon Cube, replace the 4 cups of water and broth cube with 4 cups of your chosen vegetable broth. You can even use my Sea Moss Broth Recipe!
- CANNED COCONUT: Be sure to use the unsweetened coconut milk in the can not the the one in the jug in the refrigerator section.
- STORAGE: Store this soup in the refrigerator for for up to 4 days. It can be be frozen for up to 2 months.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.