This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Can't find condensed vegan cream of chicken soup in the stores? Make your own! Only takes 15 minutes to make and perfect to add to your holiday casseroles!
I am still shocked at the time of this writing that there are no vegan versions of condensed soup in the stores.
Now I will be honest. The only reason I wanted to create this recipe is because I needed a cream of soup for my vegan cornbread dressing recipe.
But after making it, it became so much more than just an ingredient for one of my favorite holiday casseroles. The flavor is outstanding. You can thin it out like in my vegan cream of mushroom soup recipe and have it as it's own stand long meal.
I'm telling you, even there was a store-bought version, I am sure homemade would be better! Plus it is super simple to make with very basic ingredients.
Vegan Cream of Chicken Soup Key Ingredients
Vegan Chicken Broth: This broth is so good! I impressed myself. Of course you can use any broth you desire but I HIGHLY recommend using this recipe because the flavor is phenomenon!
Vegan Butter: I use a homemade version (recipe coming soon) but I also really love Miyoko's brand (not sponsored).
All Purpose Flour: I typically used spelt flour in my recipes but I wanted to keep this recipe as simple as possible and highly accessible.
Plant Based Milk: Any plant based milk would work just make sure it is unsweetened. You can use my sea moss milk for this recipe!
Spices: Your basic spices like garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. How simple is that!?
How to Make Condensed Cream of Chicken
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
SUBSTITUTION, COOK, & STORAGE TIPS
- This recipe will store in your refrigerator in a air tight jar (a clean mason jar) for up to 5-7 days. you can store it in the freezer as well for up to 2 months.
- For maximum freezer storage, portion your condensed soup using silicone ice trays and freeze. And then vacuum seal those ice cubes to prevent frost and freezer burn.
More Soup Recipes You'll Love
Condensed Vegan Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ cup vegan chicken broth note 1
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup unsweetened plant based milk
- Add vegan butter to pot and melt on medium heat. Next sprinkle in all purpose flour slowly while constantly mixing it into the butter with a whisk. It's like you are making a roux.
- Next, slowly add in your vegan chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and black pepper while continuing to whisk. You want to do this to avoid lumps.
- Lastly, add in your unsweetened plant based milk and continue to whisk and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until your soup thickens. Use immediately in recipes like green bean casserole, vegan cornbread dressing, or store for later use!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.