This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This 5 Ingredient Hemp Sea Moss Milk is vegan and takes only 5 minutes to make. It contains over 10 grams of protein per cup making it great for vegan weight gain!
Sea Moss Milk vs Traditional Sea Moss Drink
This is not a traditionally prepared Jamaican Sea Moss Drink. (Check out this vegan version of Sea Moss Drink.) With this recipe, I simply made vegan milk how it’s normally done (seeds or almonds plus water) and added prepared sea moss gel.
For this recipe, I used sea moss gel from Goddess Nectars. (THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST. I used my own money to buy this sea moss gel and I recommend because the quality is SUPREME!)
It has such a pleasant smell and the texture reminds you of apple sauce. So if you don’t want to make your own Sea Moss Gel, I highly recommend buying pre-made gel from Goddess Nectars!
To gain a more in-depth understanding of this seaweed, read my Different Types of Sea Moss article.
Is this the Best Milk for Vegans?
Yes it is!
Don’t get me wrong, there are some awesome vegan milk products out there. But in making your own dairy-free milk, you know exactly what’s in it.
With hemp seeds, you get good healthy fats and protein (sometimes often missing in store-bought vegan nut milk) needed for healthy vegan weight gain. Also, adding sea moss to your homemade milk gives your homemade vegan milk calcium, iron, and potassium!
This recipe also works if you eat a Dr. Sebi recommended diet.
Sea Moss Milk Uses
- Eat with your favorite cereal or in my Vegan Protein Granola recipe
- Add it to frozen desserts like my Strawberry Banana Nice Cream vegan dessert.
- Use it in vegan bakery goods like my Spelt Banana Bread recipe.
- Add it to vegan weight gain smoothies like my “Curvy Girl” Parsley Smoothie, Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie, or Vegan Eggnog Smoothie.
How to Make Sea Moss Milk?
*Please read detailed and printable recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.
- Add all your hemp seeds, water, and sea moss gel to a high-speed blender. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Blend until smooth and store in a glass mason jar or a glass milk container. (Photos 3 & 4)
Substitution, Cook, & Storage Tips
- You can try this recipe with any nut or seed of your choice. Brazil Nuts, or if you are not on Dr. Sebi diet, cashews, almonds, and even sunflower seeds. With Brazil Nuts, almonds, and sunflower seeds, you will need to strain the milk.
- Store your vegan milk in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days or in the freezer for up to one month.
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Gain?
Simply add this to your vegan post-workout weight gain smoothies for additional calories and protein!
How Does This Recipe Help With Vegan Weight Loss?
You can make this recipe apart of your vegan weight loss plan by:
- Drinking only ½ cup at a time instead of a whole cup
- Add it to green smoothies with ingredients naturally low in calories.
- Use ¼ cup hemp seeds instead of ½ cup hemp seeds to make your milk.
More “Alkaline Vegan” Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Kamut “Alkaline” Pasta
- “Alkaline” Blackberry Bars
- “Alkaline” Blackberry Jam
- Sea Moss Vegan Bone Broth
- Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
Additional Sea Moss Information
Hemp Sea Moss Milk
- In a high speed blender, combine all your ingredients and blend on high for 30 -60 seconds until smooth and well combined.
- Sample with a spoon and adjust flavors to your liking. You can add more dates to make it sweeter or any other flavorings to your liking. You don't have to strain but I do just to get any remaining pieces of dates out. This step is totally optional.
- Transfer to a clean glass jar, seal, and store in your refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. Shake well before you serve as it will separate once stored. It will also thicken more once it's stored. You can freeze your homemade milk for up to 1 month.
- SEA MOSS GEL: For this recipe, I used sea moss gel from Goddess Nectars from seamoss-everything.com . THIS IS NOT SPONSORED. I used the gel from this company and found the quality absolutely AMAZING. It has an applesauce texture and smells fantastic. If you don’t want to make your own, I highly recommend purchasing the sea moss gel from this company. If you are a DIYer, check out my Sea Moss Gel Recipe.
- DATES: Any natural sweetener (for instance like agave nectar) you have will work for this recipe.
- HEMP SEEDS: You can try this recipe with any nut or seed of your choice. Brazil Nuts, or if you are not on Dr. Sebi diet, cashews, almonds, and even sunflower seeds. With Brazil Nuts, almonds, and sunflower seeds, you will need to strain the milk.
- ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS: If you want thicker milk, use 3 cups of water instead of 4 cups. Also, you could add vanilla to your milk if you want additional flavor.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my full Affiliate Disclaimer.
© Gina Marie Hoskins. Vegan With Curves. All Rights Reserved. Unless noted otherwise, all images, recipes, & content are copyright protected and registered with the U.S. Copyright Office. My images and written content are NOT to be used without prior permission. Read full Copyright Disclosure.